Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bowker Preston - Avoid at all costs

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Z4coupebeaver

Bowker Preston - Avoid at all costs

Post by Z4coupebeaver » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:07 pm

These people have been given plenty of opportunities and they are scumbags.

My first attempt was buying my car from them, the sales guy was rude and arrogant, we walked away and got a much better deal elsewhere.

As my local dealer I ordered a replacement toolkit from them from their parts department, 3 failed attempts to collect as it hadn't come in and a visit to Williams where it was actually in stock and they gave it FOC as they were sorry to hear the tails of woe re Bowkers.

My neighbour bought his roadster from there, the car wasn't ready on the day agreed and was dirty when he eventually got it. On the day of collection they did little more than throw the keys at him and say "there you go mate".

His first service and it came back with a ding in the drivers door and a scrape on one wheel where a careless grease monkey had used a wheel gun on it. When he complained he was told it was like that when he dropped it off?

Useless.

fall6997

Re: Bowker Preston - Avoid at all costs

Post by fall6997 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Noted..... Will avoid.... if theres one thing i hate it cockie salesmen!!!

BMW Z4 3.0i SE, Sterling grey, red leather, 17inch wheels, crazy but safe driver

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:00 pm

i bought my car here- didnt find them 2 bad but as it is miles away from where i live i havent had any dealings since. sorry to hear of your poor treatment
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

VinnyC

Post by VinnyC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this place objectionable. We went in to look at a used 1 Series for my wife in the summer and the sales guy treated us like dirt. We really wanted to buy the car but made us feel like we were in his way and only acknowledged my wife to look down her top as she was geting out of the car. I've since heard that service is no better with cars coming back with dirt on carpets/trim and work not done. We ended up buying from Williams in Bolton and get servicing done in Southport.

I suspect that not everyone gets this treatment but they're not representative of what you'd expect of a good BMW dealer.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am

VinnyC, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 am

Not very good by the sounds of it. You should register your feelings with BMW customer service as it's only through multiple such complaints that a pattern is establisehd and any action taken.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

VinnyC

Post by VinnyC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50 pm

WLH wrote:VinnyC, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
Many thanks. I've been a lurker for a while and hope to make sone useful contributions but this one really got my goat. I thought I was one my own with what I found with that firm.

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:08 pm

paddy wright wrote:i bought my car here- didnt find them 2 bad but as it is miles away from where i live i havent had any dealings since. sorry to hear of your poor treatment
ditto to all of that, my //M came from them but I'm 200 miles away so haven't spoken to them since. thought i did ok on deal & service tho..
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

duckson

Post by duckson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 pm

This is all interesting as i've just had some bad service from them with a warranty fix, rectified now though...

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10140

Any GOOD BMW dealers in the North West, preferably not a million miles away from Preston/Blackburn?
(I've not heard fantastic things about Derek Woodman's at Blackpool either i should add so cross that out!)
Cheers, Stu

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Sorry, but I can't recommend Williams Liverpool or Halliwell Jones Warrington either.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm

I use Halliwell Jones Southport, been OK so far. Small place so they get to know you personally and that helps.

However, I have yet to hear of a dealer or for that matter very few indies that someone hasn't slagged off. Nature of the business I suppose.
Yas Marina Blue 35i.