Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Oxford Garage BMW

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
nmirams

North Oxford Garage BMW

Post by nmirams » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi all just a complete moan at my new Z4 3.0 which I bought in March 08 from Oxford BMW as an approved used car.

I'll be simple as lot to mention so here goes: -

-flat tyre indicator has been going off every week (about 250 miles) since i bought the car. Back RIGHT tyre looks quite flat..going down from 37PSI to 14PSI..

-Then the indicator started to go off every 40 miles so took it into nearest dealer.... they said I have a nail in the rear LEFT tyre which I got replaced, but said nothing about the rear RIGHT

-Warming light for flat tyre still goes off every week so took the car back to stevenage to maon that they never checked the rear RIGHT. They said take the car back to where you got it from as the valve system is faulty on the rear RIGHT which would explain why its been going off loads

-Took the Zed back to Oxford to have the valve system replaced new on the RIGHT tyre and left.

-Cars warning light still goes off every week without fail so took it back to oxford again this morning (bearing in mind I live 70 miles from Oxford).

-Unbelievably they say at Oxford this morning that I have a nail in the back RIGHT tyre, which means according to them I must of picked up between having the valve replaced a month ago and today!... However the warming light goes off like clockwork every week (every 250odd miles) and I reckon it would of gone off suddenly more oftern when I picked up the nail like it did when the LEFT one had a nail i it, rather than once a week.

I know tyres are not covered by warranty so the dealer doesn't want to pay for them, but I claim that the tyre came with a bad MOT and the tyre was faulty and that BMW placed that nail in there today to provent them from paying for a new tyre as the flat indicator went off form once a week to every 4 days when the LEFT one had a nail i it but this time the flat tyre indicator goes off regularly every week.

I guess I will see in the next coupe of days if the flat tyre indicator goes off more oftern now a nail has been discovered or still once a week.

Do I have an argument with the dealer and BMW about the faulty tyre of shall I lump it and pay for yet another tyre, 6 months into ownership of the zed 4 as I haven't had the chance yet to drive it that quicklely, bought it approved used to avoid this sort of thing.

any ideas on what I should do apart from never go back to jinxed Oxford BMW whom are useless and con artists, shame their not bmw approved artists

Nick

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: North Oxford Garage BMW

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I've read this post twice and am somewhat confused what you are really complaining about, but in the middle I see you accuse the BMW dealership of 'I claim that the tyre came with a bad MOT and the tyre was faulty and that BMW placed that nail in there today to provent them from paying for a new tyre'

Really - I'd struggle to believe a main agent would go down that path of dodgy MOT's and pushing nails in tyres, for the sake of a tyre.....Strong accusations by any measure.

I think you need to accept that you can pick up nails in minutes on either tyre and not at speed, buy a tyre and move on.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Hmmm, I was struggling a bit too, but anyway - it does seem plausible that they swapped out the wrong tyre but there is no way of proving that at all unfortunately.

I suppose next time try and have a look all round the tyre yourself as confirmation, obviously a pain as it involves getting down on hands and knees and moving the car to get a thorough check, but at least you'd know for sure what had caused the puncture.

nmirams

Post by nmirams » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Quite right, I shall move on and forget about it and get another tyre.

Give me more of an incentive to wait for the warranty to run out and put some good tyres on the car