Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ramp it Up...

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Mike6

Ramp it Up...

Post by Mike6 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Sucking oil out rather than draining YUK. The drain plug acts as a magnet to pick up any small particles of metal and warm oil flowing out the sump holes washes out any sludge which accumulates at the bottom of the sump. Sucking is just a bodge dreamt up by some profit making organisation to cut down on time rather than a proper job.

kammy1975

Ramp it Up...

Post by kammy1975 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Number5 wrote:
The unit is located in Hallen, Bristol BS10 7SE (Nr Avonmouth) close to the M5 Junction 17 or 18.
Booking: 07557799006
This is a great idea, definitely something I would take advantage of if there was one local.

Wonder if I could convince the wife to relocate to Bristol !!! :rofl:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Ramp it Up...

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:14 am

ben g wrote:Probably decided to cut his losses :wink:
I'd agree. If equipment is worth say £10-£20k then a sale price of £60k indicates a very low P/E to me. However I look at it I can't see it taking more than £500/week, so its usage rates of ramp and equipment must be very low.

A great idea but like so many things I'd love to have one near me, but in reality I'd use it for a couple of hours a year as I suspect is the case here..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Ramp it Up...

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:48 am

What a shame. The concept is a good one but I would expect usage would need to be high to break even. Having been once I think it was perhaps a little too big for the location. 2 bays somewhere closer to the centre of Bristol or London might have a better chance.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Ramp it Up...

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 am

Or perhaps a better starting model would be to use an existing mechanics space in the evenings/weekends when not being used by the business.
I'd certainly nip in after work to do an oil change for £15.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Ramp it Up...

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 am

Scooba_Steve wrote:What a shame. The concept is a good one but I would expect usage would need to be high to break even. Having been once I think it was perhaps a little too big for the location. 2 bays somewhere closer to the centre of Bristol or London might have a better chance.
Agreed. Like hotels and flights. The concept works only with high occupancy rates, once they fall the business is dead. I can imagine there are times like a Saturday morning when it's really, busy then most of the time during the week only the odd hour of use and the fixed costs of heat, light, rates, mechanic, etc. still to cover.

A single ramp inside an existing business that people can use during normal business hours would likely be an nice additional earner to a motor related business.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills