Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Indys in Newcastle area

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Marky Mark

Indys in Newcastle area

Post by Marky Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Does anyone know any good BMW indys in the Newcastle area a friend of mine has a 1 series with some kind of running problem comes and goes slight judder when below certain revs.
Cheers

paulw

Re: Indys in Newcastle area

Post by paulw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 am

Don't know of the indy, but had the same problem with the wife's previous 56 plate, 116i. Bought it from Stratstone at Wallsend, and it always had a intermittent judder at low revs. Took it into Lloyd BMW under the AUC warranty, as we live in Carlisle, and they found nothing wrong, but updated the software, they said. Suffice to say it didn't work and continued to the day we part ex'd in for a 14 plate 118d sport. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the two cars were the same model. The new car is a totally different drive and none of the problems of the old model. Good luck to your friend getting it sorted.
Z4C 3.0si, Black Sapphire on MV2's

Marky Mark

Post by Marky Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 pm

paulw wrote:Don't know of the indy, but had the same problem with the wife's previous 56 plate, 116i. Bought it from Stratstone at Wallsend, and it always had a intermittent judder at low revs. Took it into Lloyd BMW under the AUC warranty, as we live in Carlisle, and they found nothing wrong, but updated the software, they said. Suffice to say it didn't work and continued to the day we part ex'd in for a 14 plate 118d sport. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the two cars were the same model. The new car is a totally different drive and none of the problems of the old model. Good luck to your friend getting it sorted.
Thanks for the info sounds like exactly the same problem hers is a 116i on a 55 plate. Going to try on Thursday to get some answers...

Ubas

Post by Ubas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:28 pm

I use VMW(valley motor works) in team valley. Ex bmw employee and a nice guy.

:driving:
54' 2.2 SE Black- ZHP, Stubby
To Do: Wheels(Refurb/ColourChange), Ipod
Wish List: De-ginge, Terraclean, Air fliter, Remap

Dale_B

Post by Dale_B » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:07 pm

You could try 'Prestige German Cars' at South Shields. :)

Gremlin500

Post by Gremlin500 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 am

I use PGC in South Shields, no complaints John is a BMW Master Mechanic, there's not much he doesn't know, and the car is always fitted with wing protectors, mats etc during servicing.

Gremlin500

Post by Gremlin500 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 am

Sounds like could be dual mass flywheel broken springs to me, diagnostics will not pick anything up.

Reiver

Post by Reiver » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Gremlin500 wrote:I use PGC in South Shields, no complaints John is a BMW Master Mechanic, there's not much he doesn't know, and the car is always fitted with wing protectors, mats etc during servicing.
+ 1

He's looked after all the BMWs I've had. Top bloke.

Marky Mark

Post by Marky Mark » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Cheers for the info, its had a new timing chain fitted took it to Auto Bavaria in Newcastle great bloke 30 years BMW experience dropped it off Thursday afternoon ready to pick up today. :thumbsup:

Reiver

Post by Reiver » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Ah the South African guy on the little industrial block next to the General Hospital? I thought of him but couldn't remember the name of the company. Good to hear he's still on the go.

Since you're local, you might like to know there's a big local BMW meet at Beamish museum on Sunday 27th. We had over 70 cars last year.

On a smaller scale, we meet at the Dun Cow, Bournmoor, Chester-le-street on the first Wednesday of every month. See www.bmwclubne.co.uk/

Marky Mark

Post by Marky Mark » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Reiver wrote:Ah the South African guy on the little industrial block next to the General Hospital? I thought of him but couldn't remember the name of the company. Good to hear he's still on the go.

Since you're local, you might like to know there's a big local BMW meet at Beamish museum on Sunday 27th. We had over 70 cars last year.

On a smaller scale, we meet at the Dun Cow, Bournmoor, Chester-le-street on the first Wednesday of every month. See www.bmwclubne.co.uk/
Cheers will try to get to Beamish........... :thumbsup:

Dale_B

Post by Dale_B » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 pm

It's my father who organises the Beamish event, as Reiver mentioned above it was a great turn out last year.

I will be marshalling in the field, hopefully see you there :thumbsup: