Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bowker Preston & BMW UK.

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
dell

Bowker Preston & BMW UK.

Post by dell » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi, I sold my Z4 MC last year due to changing circumstances. However 9 months on and I was getting withdrawal symptoms so I purchased a 04 Z4 3.0 se, just to keep me sated you understand! The car came with a hard top and this had been fitted more or less continuously for last six years, when the top was removed I found some paint bubbling at the top of both rear quarter panels. I took the car to my local dealer Bowker Preston and enquired cheekily if there was any chance that this may be covered under the 10 year paint warranty , after all the car was only 9 yrs 11months old! Derek at Bowkers advised me that he would have to present the case to BMW UK as the estimated cost for the replacement and painting of two new quarter panels was £3000!
Two week later and I had a phone call advising me that the claim had been authorised by BMW UK! The car is now finished and looking resplendent.
We often hear tales of woe regarding our main dealers so I thought it was only fair to redress the balance. My thanks and gratitude go to the staff at Bowkers Preston and BMW UK for there efforts.
I have no connection with Bowkers or BMW UK other than as a satisfied customer.
Dell.