Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stevens Creek Showcase, San Jose, California

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
mystik

Stevens Creek Showcase, San Jose, California

Post by mystik » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:58 pm

hands down the worst experience of my life.

the only positive thing i ever got from them was the excellent customer service during the purchase of my baby and the fact that they had my zed on their lot. other than that.. after i received my z4, everything turned to hell.

what happened was when i purchased my zed, the registration on the car was late by 3 or 4 months. i bought it on november and the car was supposed to have its fees paid for by the previous owner by august. so it was just sitting on the lot having fees unpaid for month after month. my understanding was that i only had to pay for any NEW registration fees and nothing else. everything else beforehand was supposed to have been taken care of by the dealership considering that they pretty much owned the car until they sold it to me. they had bought the car at an auction from hawaii. needless to say, i ended up paying an extra 500 something dollars that i was NOT supposed to have paid for. they made me pay ALL late fees that the DMV wanted THEM to pay and they were passing everything off to me as if it was my responsibility.

i read the contract, i had a few lawyers read the contract, and i looked into all sorts of laws in california regarding registration fees on the purchase of used and new vehicals. no where did it say or did anyone say that i was supposed to pick up the dealerships tab. it was their responsibility to take care of any late fees while they had the car in their possession on their lot.

it took months before i could ever see any money back. i called every day and ask to speak to the owner(s) and not one was available to speak. one had a "death in the family" and the other did not want to get involved because he said that he was not authorized to make those decisions. they even had to audicity to tell me that i HAD to pay those fees because it was in the contract!! not a word in the contract, btw!

i threatened them with legal action and police reports (i had just moved to florida during that time, too) and soon enough, they coughed up the money and paid me back.

in my opinion, if i truly had to pay for all those stupid fees they let mount up, they would NOT have given me ANY money back and would have threatened with lawyers, too.

this place sucks and they will rip you off. although they had really nice cars on their lot, i would not trust them. when i went, they had a white brand new fully loaded twin turbo 335i, a few fully loaded mercedes, some escalades, 2 turbo porshes, and a few other nice rides. just to give you an image of the kind of cars they have.

my car is a beauty though. a 2003 bought with 18k miles, fully loaded, one owner, and he only drove it 5k miles one of those years. that was the only good thing i got outta them!
//the whips

(10.2007 - 4.2010) * 2003, alpine white, 3.0i Zed with SMG
(5.2010 - 4.2011) * 2007, monaco blue, 6-speed MT 335i
(5.2011 - PRESENT) * 2003, carbonshwarz metallic, 6-speed MT M3