Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dick Lovett Swindon (again)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Dick Lovett Swindon (again)

Post by Stuart Truman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Once again a :thumbsup: for Dick Lovett.

IMmie's nav screen had a tiny pale spot in the middle that grew a little. It was barely noticeable but annoying me, then the screen intermittently needed me to press the button to get it to open so I booked it in for warranty.

They took a look at the screen and ordered the replacement (no worries) but also took a look at the notorious M hiccup which they "no fault found" but reset everything do we'll see. Also the broken stubby was replaced under the 2 yr parts warranty :D

They always ask if I want it washed and no charge for the loan car I've had for two days.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Dick Lovett Swindon (again)

Post by andysat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Sounds like a great place to take a zed! :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Just to chip in with Stuart - Dick Lovett Hungerford also been nothing but great with us - for Mini servicing/warranty work (GF's Cooper SD) and then for BMW parts (the zed). They couldn't be more polite and helpful :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

2alpsade

Post by 2alpsade » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

Hmm, interesting. As you know Stu, Mrs2Alps is often to be found negotiating the 'delights' of Swindon, we may have to seriously consider using them for the 118d routine maintenance and warranty work and see if they do stack up. If they prove to be up to my exacting standards, we may even consider them when it's time to talk replacement vehicle in 30months time :D
''10' Alpina E92 B3SBiTurbo #285, manual, Sapphire black, Classics and black/birch bi-colour Lavalina interior.FOR SALE
'13' Alpine White F21 118d Sport.
ex-54' Alpina E85 Roadster S lux #168, Sapphire black & dream red leather (1 of 167 RHD)

Z4ADJ

Post by Z4ADJ » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:55 pm

I have used Dick Lovett in Swindon over the years.

Just had the roof motor on the Z4 done by them. Not necessarily cheap, but no issues. I have recently order front bushes and a new high level rear break light for the Z4. Parts guy knew what I was on about in both cases and agreed the white brake light would look better :D

As with all main dealers they are not cheap, but never had any issues with them (unlike Swindon Merc :thumbsdown: )so they will continue to get my business :thumbsup:

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 pm

If you ask, they'll do a 10% forum discount on parts. :thumbsup:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue