Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Williams BMW Manchester... I feel like a piece of elastic.

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Williams BMW Manchester... I feel like a piece of elastic.

Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

You know I've had good things to say about Williams over the years, they've been helpful. But in recent months things have slid somewhat... shoddy balancing of my new 313 wheels and tyres that meant I had to get them all redone, no better, then had to go somewhere else entirely to sort it. Constant trips back and forth. They recently sorted a goodwill to replace some faulty rear lamps on the car and while that was done and I was grateful, the guys that did it left the rear trim (boot) panels damaged and not fitting correctly, so I had to go back, show them, they slightly-reluctantly agreed to replace them and it went in yet again for them to do it yesterday. So I get the car back home and serves me right not for checking there and then because they've replaced the wrong thing. They've replaced the rubber seals inside the lamp enclosures, not the trim in the boot that was damaged. So, a stern email is written, and I get a call this morning, the person arguing with me that they've done what I asked. I told them I'd clearly outlined and even made a trip to show the technician what was required but still they got it wrong. Exasperated noises were made at me (I hate that), and I was told again to bring the car back.. again, again. Honest to god this has to be the worst car ownership experience I've ever had, all these little problems are now getting on my tits big time. They're quite happy to take £600 for a service, but its a real old problem getting £30 of trim (that they damaged), replaced...

So, they're not entirely in my good books presently but I'll keep an open mind... As I say the've been good with me in the past. Sigh...

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Williams BMW Manchester... I feel like a piece of elasti

Post by andysat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am

Bloody ell mate i feel for you what a complete faff! :thumbsdown:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 am

and they are part of the williams group

not much choice in the north west

chasBMW

Post by chasBMW » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Its very annoying and somewhat odd really because as you say you , me and anyone else that users dealers are their income stream so you would expect good treatment
Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 pm

If someone in their group wanted to understand why these issues crop up time and time again - they would find the people NOT at fault, but instead the process at fault.

You have felt classic variation which makes you unhappy and likely to take your business elsewhere.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

ut745

Post by ut745 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:45 pm

I've always found Williams Manchester difficult to deal with, their service has never been great IMO. I used Williams Stockport instead and they were fantastic

2alpsade

Post by 2alpsade » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Bought our Mini Cooper from these shysters about 5 years ago. It went back twice for the same fault (their own making) and it ended up being my cost to get it right as they patently had incredibly low standards :thumbsdown:

Totally useless customer service: I'd not buy a wheel nut from them.
''10' Alpina E92 B3SBiTurbo #285, manual, Sapphire black, Classics and black/birch bi-colour Lavalina interior.FOR SALE
'13' Alpine White F21 118d Sport.
ex-54' Alpina E85 Roadster S lux #168, Sapphire black & dream red leather (1 of 167 RHD)

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm

ut745 wrote:I've always found Williams Manchester difficult to deal with, their service has never been great IMO. I used Williams Stockport instead and they were fantastic
They're just a little further for me to travel but I'd consider using them in future to see what the difference might be. TBH now I've discovered that my insured warranty will allow independents to service the car etc, I'd only use a main dealer for any actual warranty work as required by the insurance.

Interestingly. BMW Williams Stockport Parts dept just called me to ask if I'd received the quote for accessories I'd enquired about a few weeks back, and if there was anything else they could do to help (in addition to a BMW CC GB discount)? Now that's not bad at all... we like follow up.