Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Servicing in the Northwest

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Pabs

Servicing in the Northwest

Post by Pabs » Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Two part post, firstly I am lucking to get an inspection 2 done on a 2003 3.0 se.

I called Graham Martin Automotive for a quote saying that I have my own oil. They then refused to give me a price saying they refused to service cars that supplied their own oil. I have written an email to ask why that is their policy (update to follow). Firstly has anyone else had this happen?
Failing that to get a quote a thought call a main dealer, the quote was £533 Haliwell Jones Warrington(never even asked for a price without oil). Here was me thinking that they offered an age related discount.
So I am after a highly regarded garage to service my car, where I can supply my own oil. Price is important, however I am willing to pay more based on quality of service.
I'm based out of St.Helens

Thanks in advance

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Servicing in the Northwest

Post by mmm-five » Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Try Darren Wood in Stockport - he's recommended by many, including the BMW Car Club.

Alternatively, see if MainDealerDiscount.com have any current deals in your area. I went from Liverpool to Knights in Stoke for my ///M's Insp2 last year and saved over £500 (inclusive of the cost of petrol & hire car [brand new Mini Countryman SD] for the day from the on-site Enterprise franchise).

Tony
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Darren wood gets my vote to.
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pabs

Post by Pabs » Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks for main dealer discount website will use this in future.
I spoke with Graham the owner had a chat with him after he replied almost immediately to my email and I'm booked in for a service. He came across really well on the phone and was open and honest enough with his reasoning. Plus I like to support local businesses.

Pabs

Post by Pabs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Got the car serviced with Graham Martin, including brake fluid change. Got to say that whilst self supply oil is none negotiable I was impressed with their customer service and their set up.
Car feels ace. Getting car 4 wheel aligned tomorrow.

johnnymarrsbarres

Post by johnnymarrsbarres » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 am

Just had mine serviced with Darren Wood. Top bloke, very reasonably priced, professional and trustworthy. I'll be going there again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Z4 Roadster 3.0 SMG.

johnfrederick

Post by johnfrederick » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Would recommend checking out Service4Service too. They've got a BMW service centre in Rochdale (B24 9QR) which shouldn't be too far. Give them a call on 0121 222 1700.
Every year 1 in 10 Z4 owners are unable to attend work during the UK snow season. This one is anyway!

fitnessfanatic

Post by fitnessfanatic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Took mine to Lloyd clone bmw. £269 for inspection 2 with own oil. £420 with new bonnet sensor and new injector coil.

tabbie

Post by tabbie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Personally I wouldn't haliwell jones service my lawn mower plenty of recommended indies out there.
57 plate 2ltr sport which is my daily, now sadly sold!!! Has been an adventure.

Pabs

Post by Pabs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Just thought I would add to my post, the z4 has had crank case valve and breather pipes replace, starter motor, and suspension bushes all at Graham Martin. The workmanship cannot be faulted and would be happy to recommend to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD