Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window Tints! (Kyote/Total Vehicle Solutions, Blackpool)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
twist944

Window Tints! (Kyote/Total Vehicle Solutions, Blackpool)

Post by twist944 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Had a great service, as always, from Carmel at Kyote in Blackpool, although he is now also trading under Total Vehicle Solutions and has added a shop since my last visit!

If you live in the area, like his facebook (https://www.facebook.com/totalvehicleso ... ref=stream) page for 10% off at the shop - he stocks Meguires etc.....

I drove from Bolton to Blackpool just to use him as I trust his work and attention to detail. He has tinted all but one of my previously owned cars (the other was a rubbish job as I tried a local guy - more fool me).

oli445

Re: Window Tints! (Kyote/Total Vehicle Solutions, Blackpool)

Post by oli445 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Looks great! I would love to get my windows done but had a bad experience with the police in the past :headbang: :headbang:

twist944

Post by twist944 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:00 pm

They are only as dark as my last car I had for over 4 years, however - with the windows being a bit smaller, it does look a little darker. They are 20% I think.... (mid tint)

oli445

Post by oli445 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:19 pm

I had the same on my Racing Puma, had the, for 4 years before i got pulled and given a penalty notice (they let 15% of light through), paid the £60 and went on my way.

Got pulled on the M60 2 months later and got another £60 fine and a prohibition notice that said I was allowed to drive home from work only and my car was effectively banned from the road after that - the copper said he would remove the notice if I removed the tints there and then. He followed me off the motorway to a car park and helped me rip the tints off (leaving the windows harder to see out of due to the glue residue).

Here's the law:

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

http://youtu.be/rzCq3cFY534

Like I said, I think your car looks great, I would love to get mine done but I don't want to give the boys in blue any excuses! :headbang:

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun May 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Hmm they do look great but it is a bit of a lottery whether you get stopped or not. Shame really, I like tints.

twist944

Post by twist944 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Why is there even a law for something like this??? It's not like it makes any difference for the front side windows, the wind screen I can understand.

Johnnymiller

Post by Johnnymiller » Sun May 19, 2013 6:16 pm

isnt it 30% max for front side windows? im thinking of having my freelander rear windows done and the guy said i can do whatever i want from b pillar back, but front side windows can only be 30%
Nunc est bibendum

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Wondermike wrote:Hmm they do look great but it is a bit of a lottery whether you get stopped or not. Shame really, I like tints.
+1 i remember seeing one of those Police Camera Action type progs where the cop stood there while the person had to strip the tint off their car :cry:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

twist944

Post by twist944 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am

Remember, this pic does make them look a lot darker than they are....due to it being in the shade and little light entering the car from the front window.

I was tempted to opt for the light smoke on the fronts however didnt think it would look quite right next to the rear quarter.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon May 20, 2013 12:08 pm

I think it looks lovely :thumbsup:

But I'd be worried about being pulled with them that dark. Oh, and the fact that seriously tinted windows would look epically bad on my roadster with the windows up, roof down. JIMO :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...