Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lloyd BMW Blackpool - Very pleased

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
edderby

Lloyd BMW Blackpool - Very pleased

Post by edderby » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:14 am

Just had my car serviced with Lloyd BMW Blackpool (previously known as Derek Woodman BMW Blackpool). I have had my 3.0 Z4 serviced there since I bought it (from another BMW dealer) back in 2006. I booked the car in for service and new discs/pads and a water leak to be fixed. Just before I took it in, I realised that the DISA valve was wrecked as it was rattling in a manner that made me think that the valve gear was jiggered, until I unplugged the DISA unit (as advised on here as a means of checking), then realised that I had better get it fixed quickly, in case complete failure sent debris down into the combustion chambers and wrecked the engine...

They did the following:

standard "Oil Service"
Replaced Air Con filter
Replaced the split water hose
Replaced the temperature sensor attached to the hose (it was leaking too)
Strengthened the antifreze mix
Replaced a broken rear coil spring (my 4th replacement rear spring so far...)
Replaced rear suspension stabiliser link
Replaced complete DISA unit
Replaced the brake discs
Replaced the brake pads
Lent me a brand new "13" reg MSport 3 -Series Coupe for the 2 days that they had my car in
Victoria, their service manager called me about 4 or 5 times to explain progress and to advise when car would be ready

The total bill was £981, which is a lot of money, but they did a lot of work, and they always do it well and, as it's a BMW dealership the repairs use official parts and are guaranteed for 2 years.

I am very pleased with the level of service, courtesy, and communication that I received and my car does definitely run better now (with a new DISA valve unit, the car does seem too pull stronger once past about 4,500rpm at full throttle, and now idles really smoothly, with no rattling any more).

So, I shall continue to get my Z4 looked after in Blackpool, even though I live in Derby (not so inconvenient as it sounds, as my Mum lives only a few miles away from Blackpool and I often visit).

edderby

Re: Lloyd BMW Blackpool - Very pleased

Post by edderby » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 am

Jonny essex wrote:Nearly 1k sounds too much to me, alot of jobs you can do urself and did you need all those jobs doing in the first place mate? I worked out £500-£400 of your cost must be labour after parts, why did they replace all four brake discs and pads? Not trying to make you look silly just looking out for you as the stealers rape your arse if ur not careful :thumbsup:
Well, a new DISA on Ebay is £180 (not fitted) a spring is £90 (unfitted), the non-BMW front discs I got fitted at an (unnamed) Derby Indy (as an emergency) warped badly. If you drive your Z4 as it's meant to, you'll know that they really chew up their brakes.
I stand by the fact that I have had very good service from Lloyds Blackpool.
A new DISA, a service, a spring, water pipe, sensor, proper (front) discs and pads (not shoddy aftermarket warpers!) and a new £30k car lent to you for for 2 days, and all warranted for 2 years and keeping up your full BMWSH whilst not having to do anything yourself other than swipe your credit card is a good deal in my view!
Last edited by edderby on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris g

Re: Lloyd BMW Blackpool - Very pleased

Post by chris g » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:19 am

good review, thanks - i live in blackpool, i have historically avoided them because i expect them to be expensive, but that doesn't look too bad at all
[img][/]2007 2.5 si, dension, new sub woofers and amp, cup holders,mods on the list, sound gen, exhaust bypass, lsd, cruise retrofit.....