Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Arrghh ! BMW Dealers !

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
martinb1966

Re: Arrghh ! BMW Dealers !

Post by martinb1966 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:06 pm

There is no reason I know of to remove an engine mounting bolt for an oil service , my point is no matter who had done the servicing an engine mounting bolt should never just fall out ! back in the day I had some real high mileage cars and the engine bolts have never fallen out just found a thread on here mentioning a bmw service bulletin mentioning the bolt loosening so they replaced it with a higher tensile bolt
Z4M interlagos blue black leather and carbon weave with a few very subtle mods

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Why do people ttitle a thread 'Arrgh BMW Dealers' which implres all dealers when it was in fact one they are complaining about.

I saw some crap driving by a person in a Zed but I dont tar all Zed drivers with the same brush based on this experience...... :poke:

PS And I've moved this to 'Dealer Feedback'
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:19 pm

martinb1966 wrote:There is no reason I know of to remove an engine mounting bolt for an oil service , my point is no matter who had done the servicing an engine mounting bolt should never just fall out ! back in the day I had some real high mileage cars and the engine bolts have never fallen out just found a thread on here mentioning a bmw service bulletin mentioning the bolt loosening so they replaced it with a higher tensile bolt
I agree it shouldn't happen, but looking on the web it seems to be a common issue with BMW's.

Still not sure how it can be the dealers fault who did the oil service 3 weeks earlier.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Just bad luck on the timing i would suggest. The engine mount is, as you said previously, a fairly common issue on the MC.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41659