Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Steven James Enfield

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
slick

Steven James Enfield

Post by slick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 am

The coolant expansion tank split Friday.....phoned my local dealer , Sytner BMW , no stock and quoted me delivery Wednesday or Thursday next week..
I then phoned Fairfield BMW and again no stock of the part BUT was informed that Steven James BMW /Enfield were showing the part in stock . I then phoned Steven James and was informed yes we have the part but we cant take payment over the phone, so I asked if it could be reserved for collection tomorrow morning early ( today, Saturday)
Yes sir , it will be reserved with your name on it.

Today I turned up @ Steven James to be told there was a power cut and it was impossable to locate my part....I then called Fairfield BMW and got the part number but it seems the part number wasnt going to assist the parts tech at Steven James to find the part in his warehouse.
I,m now waiting on the phone for Sytner BMW to answer.....I,ve been on hold for 12 minutes and 45 seconds and increasing.
I would have thought in this economic climate any company would appreciate any and all sources of revenue whether new car sales or parts
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
TVR Chimerea 4 litres of rolling thunder
Corvette C6 a moment of insanity
E89 3.0i

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Steven James Enfield

Post by mrlozzer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am

Hmm. Not good. If it's not desperately urgent, try Soper BMW in Lincoln. They'll send any part. Ask for Jamie. Top bloke!
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Steven James Enfield

Post by ranski » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 am

Mine also needs replacing soon as it has a hairline crack at the top

Replacements - I checked eBay a few weeks ago and there were both new and 2nd hand ones on there

The Z4 maybe even share the same part as the 3 series? But best to check realoem.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

To be fair thought depending on how big their warehouse is and how many stock lines they hold it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am

srhutch wrote:To be fair thought depending on how big their warehouse is and how many stock lines they hold it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
+1 or a needle in a pin factory! :cry:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

Sounds like a mixture of good and bad service.

GOOD that Sytner could get the part fairly quickly (if you had called first thing Friday then they would have probably got the part by Saturday....) :thumbsup:
GOOD that Fairfield BMW managed to locate a part for you at another dealers :thumbsup:
GOOD that Steven James agreed to hold the part - and unfortunate that a power cut caused problems (not their fault I would suggest) :thumbsup:
BAD that Sytner kept you waiting - although I would only wait a couple of minutes before hanging up and ringing back :thumbsup:

So perhaps your thread should have been titled - Sytner BMW rather than Steven James...... :roll:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:32 am

ranski wrote:Mine also needs replacing soon as it has a hairline crack at the top

Replacements - I checked eBay a few weeks ago and there were both new and 2nd hand ones on there

The Z4 maybe even share the same part as the 3 series? But best to check realoem.com
+1 look on eBay :thumbsup:

If it's part number 17117573751 you're after (expansion tank '03 2.5i Manual), it's the same for 2.5i and 3.0i / 3.0 Si, but not for the 3 series... hope that helps on eBay searching!
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

slick

Post by slick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Hmmmm well I phoned Steven James and it seems their system is up and running now ....no phone call though to let me know that my part has been located and is available for collection.
When enquiring after the part it appears its the incorrect part put in the wrong bin location ...... so after all that they dont have the part anyway.

I wont mention the early start to get to Steven James .... or the petrol used or how the part was mysteriously there at 5.00 PM Friday but incorrect on Saturday when eventually prompted by my phone call.
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
E89 3.0i

slick

Post by slick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:44 pm

srhutch wrote:To be fair thought depending on how big their warehouse is and how many stock lines they hold it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I could agree with that ... but I find it difficult to believe a service department and the parts department cannot function without a computer? Surely theres a manual system in place as a backup? :headbang:
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
E89 3.0i

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 pm

slick wrote:
I could agree with that ... but I find it difficult to believe a service department and the parts department cannot function without a computer? Surely theres a manual system in place as a backup? :headbang:

Of course not, as that would dig into their operational costs, inturn their profits :thumbsdown:

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention