Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AA breakdown repair cover

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
goon

Post by goon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

They will sell you this on the phone and tell you its £500 per claim should your car break down to cover cost of parts and labour etc. When you have to make a claim its a different story,I had this experience last week,car was misfiring engine light on,AA man came out quickly and plugged in computer to give a list of possible causes,drove the car still misfiring to a garage locally and they phoned AA with the breakdown sheet and were told no claim was possible because the car was still driveable. Man in garage found one bank of cylinders running lean due to 2 air leaks bringing the light on and said if I had carried on driving it there was a possibility of holing a piston. Big round of applause for the AA.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: AA breakdown repair cover

Post by andysat » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 am

:thumbsdown:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

Not good. I've used the AA in the past but have to say that I found the RAC to be far more technically proficient - used them for 10 years now... can't fault them :thumbsup:
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

goon

Post by goon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Good thing is my renewal is due in 2 weeks and will check out the RAC without having to cancel the AA.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:30 pm

I am with RAC and have breakdown cover and onward travel. Have used them once. Couldn't fault the service.

I got it courtesy of Tesco clubcard points, have renewed every year since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Joined Green Flag Rescue Plus two weeks ago for £98. Both cars, recovery to any destination or home call out and any other car I'm travelling in.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

goon

Post by goon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:00 pm

AA ditched,comparative cover from RAC over £40 less.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 pm

i'm with the AA :headbang:

if i'm not mistaken the RAC don't cover the driver like AA do

GaryH

Post by GaryH » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I get top cover with RAC as I have a Barclays Additions bank account, used them for the first time last week and fair play to them they were there in under 30 minutes, towed me all the way to the BMW garage, was very impressed with the service I got from RAC. :thumbsup:
2006 2.0iSE

M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 am

I've had the AA breakdown repair cover for 3yrs + now on multiple cars, and I have to say my experience is completely the opposite. Off the top of my head I've claimed for the following without drama:

Lotus Elise Alternator (still driving, just light on)
Lotus Elise coils and plugs (had a misfire, still driveable)
Lotus Elise Engine Mount (knocking on pickup, still driveable)
Lotus Elise Fuel Pump replacement (not driveable)
M3 Caliper replacement (not really driveable but followed me to garage)

I think it is the best £5 or so you can spend each month. Most of the above were the full £500 claim. 3 of them in the same year! So £1500 of working carried out for a £60 policy!

Sounds to me you were just unlucky with the Patrol and/or garage in that they didn't 'position' it very well with the claims dept.

My only complaint with the AA is every year they send my renewal letter increased by at least 50% and I have to call them to threaten going to the RAC etc for them to reduce it back down. This annoys me.
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 E61 535d M-Sport Touring