Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Calterdon BMW Inverness

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
GNH

Calterdon BMW Inverness

Post by GNH » Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I have to give these guys a big pat on the back. On day one of the forum weekender to Applecross I'm going up the Bealach na Bar about as far from home (600 miles +) as I could get when the engine starts to misfire and power is cut, engine light comes on (yellow). Next morning (Saturday) we're off on the recovery truck for a 2 hour trip to the nearest dealer, Calterdon at Inverness. Moment of truth, I go through the door of the Service Reception at 11.30 on a Saturday morning to find that they are not expecting me as the breakdown company didn't tell them the car was coming.

The Service Manager (didn't get his name) managed my expectations, took the keys and said he would do his best to get it looked at before the guys finished at lunchtime but he couldn't promise anything. So I start to look into flights, trains and one way car hire and contemplate returning to Inverness from Suffolk next weekend just to collect my car .

About 45 minutes later he's telling me with a straight face that the job is all done, one new ignition coil fitted and ready to go. I enquired as to whether he was taking Mickey but he just says (very cool) "No, we fixed it, it's what we do".

So well done to their guys who probably stayed a bit late to get me going, the bill was very reasonable (£110 parts and labour) and what's more they knew that I will probably never walk through their door again because they are so far away from where I live.

Biggest bonus was getting back to Applecross later that afternoon just in time for the barbie.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Calterdon BMW Inverness

Post by Adamski » Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Credit where credit is due.

I take my hat off to Calterdon for getting you back, was good to see the zed arriving back at the campsite on Sat :thumbsup:
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

Nosa

Post by Nosa » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Adamski wrote:Credit where credit is due.

I take my hat off to Calterdon for getting you back, was good to see the zed arriving back at the campsite on Sat :thumbsup:
+1 Bealach na ba will now be given an AKA the ///M killer :(

JimmyPop

Calterdon BMW Inverness

Post by JimmyPop » Tue May 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Fantastic service from them!

I don't think a zed has ever had such a cheer as when you arrived back in the Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Good work from them,not every dealer would have been so helpfull :thumbsup:
Thought it was curtains when i saw the M on that trailor :cry:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

AndrewP

Post by AndrewP » Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Top effort :thumbsup:, was good to get you back for the rest of the trip.