Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Service at Soper!!!!

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
M@r]{

Service at Soper!!!!

Post by M@r]{ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Are all BMW dealers like this? This was my first visit to a BMW dealer. and all I can say is wow. Right from the minute you walk in your surrounded by professionalism. They even arranged a nice, glass walled office for me to use so I could work whilst my car was serviced 8)

After being there for about 20mins a guy comes to see me with a check list of items that aren't right with the car:

Number plate bulb
Missing Front Plate :lol:

Then about an hour later my car is ready, waiting outside having been valeted inside and out!! I handed over £95!!! :thumbsup: (supplied my own oil)

Needless to say I'm going to take all the BMWs there now. We were using a local mechanic for the 5 series and was planning to for the M3, but I think its worth paying the extra so sod the fact they're a little older.

And of course popped in and said hello to Jamie, good to put a face to the name 8)

So anyone within a realistic distance of Soper in Lincoln, just to let you know their Service is just as good for servicing as it is for parts and they apply 'our discount' to that also :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh and as a price comparison for an Oil Service:

BMW Dealer in P'Boro: £256 (won't let you provide oil)
BMW Dealer in Boston: £208 (won't let you provide oil)
Soper in Lincoln: £176 (£105 if you provide oil)
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 E61 535d M-Sport Touring

LeeME3

Re: Service at Soper!!!!

Post by LeeME3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Good to hear...given I live about half a mile away!
2003 Z4 3.0i
Done: DIY Aux cable, stubby, sound generator foam delete, gaptech, brodit pro, M wheels, ditched RFTs
To do: Steering wheel audio.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Cheap as chips :thumbsup:
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Cool... be good if they would price-match the oil rather than you having to buy it, but even so a pretty good price.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Cool... be good if they would price-match the oil rather than you having to buy it, but even so a pretty good price.
That would be good! Might be worth a try next time? Although I bought x3 4litre bottles so I've got enough for one more service. Although the M3 is up for a Insp1 in 2500 miles.... :headbang:
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 E61 535d M-Sport Touring

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 pm

went there to pick-up my hardtop from Jamie and as Mark said, the service I received was great. asked Jamie I'd like to be there when they fit the hardtop and adjust it which was no issue for them :) the service technician was friendly and helpful and at the same time very professional :thumbsup:

such a shame they are not my local dealer :cry:

micz4

Post by micz4 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 pm

You lucky people,i am very jealous.Thankfully i have service pack and warranty but if i keep it when that runs out i think i will head for East Anglia.In reality this is the sort of service every dealer should provide.
2010 2.3i ,Sapphire Black,Kansas Red Leather,2 years of joy,replaced by Porsche Boxster 2.7

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 pm

East Anglia? You may need a sat nav then :poke:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm

It's nice to hear something positive about a main dealer! :thumbsup:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

markeg wrote:East Anglia? You may need a sat nav then :poke:
x2

Soper Lincoln is in Lincoln :poke:

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 am

Stuart Truman wrote:It's nice to hear something positive about a main dealer! :thumbsup:
+1 :thumbsup:

In the few dealings I have had with Soper BMW recently - after forum recommendation - I have found them to be 100% better than my local dealers. You would like to think that those levels of courtesy and professionalism should be standard across the BMW dealer network...
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats