Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Intravee feedback

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
nicollow

Intravee feedback

Post by nicollow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm

So being up with the times, I was looking at a way of getting a Minidisc player, a MP3 changer and an iPod kit working with my Z4 :P Having read up on Intravee and the Switch they do, I proceeded to get kitted up. I got a Switch new from toysinyourcar.com and an Intravee and associated Alpine iPod box second hand on eBay. Im pretty savvy with car electronics and proceeded to get it all wired up as and when the stuff arrived. However, I couldnt get it to work properly. I got in contact with Intravee support who tried to chat me through the firmware update procedures. Tried a few different things, to no avail and was beginning to get a little bored with the whole thing and thought about just sticking to my crappy DICE instead. The next thing I know, the chap who runs Intravee emails me and apologises that Ive been having trouble with things. He suggests that he send out a reconditioned Intravee with the correct firmware all pre-installed and ready to go. I was to send my non functioning unit back as and when I could. A couple of days later it arrived, I plugged it in and it worked straight away. I returned my faulty unit and apparently there was a dodgy chip which was causing problems, something that has never happened before, and I have no doubt that it was an extremely rare fault. Here is the email I received:

'We received the unit today, thanks.

I've had it on the bench this afternoon and I can confirm that it is a hardware fault with the unit and not something that you were doing wrong.

Quite an odd one - a fault inside one of the chips.

The main reason for swapping the unit out is that we like to take care of our customers. I personally don't see why a warranty should be limited to just the first customer, or be limited to 1 year.

The other reason is that we've never had a hardware fault on any unit and we were keen to see exactly what the problem was - it is a first! :)

So again I appreciate you returning the unit to us, thank you.'

To say Im chuffed is an understatement. Its great to see companies stand by their products, and give proper customer service. Cant recommend Intravee enough!!

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Intravee feedback

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm

That's a good recommendation :thumbsup:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

VvrooomM

Intravee feedback

Post by VvrooomM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 am

Never had anything but first rate and fast service from them questions wise.

Tapatalking on my iPad.......
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Intravee feedback

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Toysinyourcar are an excellent company.....see here http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... ar#p347462
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving: