Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Harry Fairbairn Irvine.

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
D6GMB

Harry Fairbairn Irvine.

Post by D6GMB » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 am

Just had my inspection 1 and brake fluid completed at Fairbairns in Irvine.Work appears to have been carried out to a very high standard :D .I am very picky about how my car is treated and where it is left,i never let the dealer wash any of my cars and this was not done as i had asked.
The only complaints i have is the severe lack of parking and this is really bad at the momment due to refurbishment at the dealership,they dont seem to have any sort of queing system at the service desk and finally which i find most annoying is the the lack of information from the dealer as to when the car is going to be ready ie my car was booked in for 8.00 am yesterday and still had not heard if the car was ready by 16.30 so decided just to go and see if the car was ready,it was,a phone call as soon as it is ready would be greatly appreciated so as i can arrange to collect it when suitable.
To sum up,pleasantly surprised :o :o :) they even made the charge of £641.44 a bit easier to swallow. :cry: :cry: :roll: :wink:
2007 BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE(long gone).
2021 BMW X3M40d Individual Tanzanite blue.
2014 Ford Transit Connect Race red.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Harry Fairbairn Irvine.

Post by original guvnor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 am

did you get your valve measurements ok D6GMB?

D6GMB

Re: Harry Fairbairn Irvine.

Post by D6GMB » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Yes got all that i asked for and spoke to the mechanic who worked on the car.I got the impression that not doing things that are specified in the service schedule was a big no no,but i suppose you will never really know what goes on behind a closed garage door :roll: :roll: .
2007 BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE(long gone).
2021 BMW X3M40d Individual Tanzanite blue.
2014 Ford Transit Connect Race red.