Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wood BMW - Bournemouth

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
craigstokes1981

Wood BMW - Bournemouth

Post by craigstokes1981 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

I yesterday took my Z4M into my local dealer for its MOT and also to get the hardtop adjusted.

It went straight through the MOT and it appeared that the hardtop was successfully re-located on to the car.

However, I got up this morning, and noticed that the driver's side window does not work.

Having taken it back to the dealer, they claim coincidence, despite having to open the window during the work, and have quoted me £540 to get it fixed...

Any advice? Do I have any rights? Who do I complain to?

marchantsuk
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Wood BMW - Bournemouth

Post by marchantsuk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 am

I have used Wood in Salisbury and always had first class service, so I'm sorry to hear you have experienced the opposite.

I would go back and ask to speak with the service manager, explain why you believe it was caused during the work.
Previous:
e89 2.5se Roadster
5 series touring
SLK 320
Audi A6 Avant Black edition
Now:
e86 M Coupe, Black/Red
Volvo XC60 R-Design

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Have you tried a window re-set?
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

craigstokes1981

Post by craigstokes1981 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I would like to confim that I have now come to an amicable resolution with Wood BMW over the problem.

Following correspondence with the serivce management, I took it back for a free diagnosis.

The cable on the window regulator had completely snapped and they agreed to meet me half way and fix the problem, free of labour costs, leaving me only the £160 to pay for the parts.

I appreciate their part in coming to an speedy agreement and will be happy to continue my relationship with them going forward.

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Job well done :thumbsup: