Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

In counterpoint to the various crap experiences...

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

In counterpoint to the various crap experiences...

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 pm

My Alpina was supplied by Sytner Sunningdale new, and has all the service stamps from them to match, so I thought I'd call them for some advice...

Mainly I wanted to know how much time should elapse between services when the car is low annual mileage. I was quite prepared to have it serviced as the last oil service was done almost exactly a year ago. They told me that it would be fine up to 2 years, so opportunity to take money off me politely declined.

I then asked about checking the PDC as they've gone intermittent after the snow and ice. "oh yes, just drop in with it and we'll plug it in and take a look for you, the best times to just drop in are between..."

They also went through the cars history with me.

So all in all, friendly, no pressure to bring it in, and a friendly chat about my car. Can't ask for more than that really.

Tapatalking...
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: In counterpoint to the various crap experiences...

Post by andysat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Makes a change! :roll:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Good to hear, Stuart. I have a similar relationship with Sytners in Nottingham, always been more than helpful with any queries I've had with the car :thumbsup:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I had similar experience with David Holmes in Stockport, but it's not the same since Williams took them over - prices have gone up, customer service has gone down.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

andysat wrote:Makes a change! :roll:
....from what. Share you bad experience so we can all avoid the dealer rather than a bland comment. My dealers bloody good and happy to post so in the Forum.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 pm

AlanJ wrote:
andysat wrote:Makes a change! :roll:
....from what. Share you bad experience so we can all avoid the dealer rather than a bland comment. My dealers bloody good and happy to post so in the Forum.
I posted a thread here a little while ago about the stealer trying to tell me i had one pad per wheel!
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.