Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Sheffield

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
senwar

Sytner Sheffield

Post by senwar » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Always seen these guys as leaders in the field.

But have to say, since the moment I ordered my car, to getting it, and having it in for niggles, I don't really have a good word to say (except the finance manager was excellent).

My cars been back in 9 times for niggles. I reported a flaw in the carbon leather centre console the day after I got it (16th march). Took it in once for assessment - the guy didn't turn up. Next time he did, and agreed it needed replacing so a replacement was ordered. Took it in Wednesday for repair - the wrong part had been delivered (aluminium).

I reported a fault with the central locking a week after getting the car (you have to basically stand by the side of the car and point it at the interior mirror before it works. one trip later, they agreed a new interior mirror sensor would be ordered. Took it in to have fitted in April. Wrong mirror had been sent. 9 weeks later its still 'on back order'

I've got a fault with a folding passenger mirror. Noisy motor. Ordered new part - was in for that Wednesday too. Wrong part sent too.

So I'm currently waiting for an interior mirror, a replacement centre console cover, a passenger mirror motor, and a new ///M rear badge to replace the wonky one currently fitted!

On 3 occasions and when I've the car in, no work has been done - at my inconvenience, because of incorrect parts being delivered and someone being off sick.

I was going to kick up a right stink on Wednesday but couldn't be bothered in the end - plus didn't know to have a go at.

NOT impressed

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:01 pm

I had a wonky badge but had it put straight by the company that treated the paintwork. The thought of some spotty 16 year old going to your car with a screwdriver to remove the badge was to much to think of ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

skelters

Post by skelters » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 pm

I'd be right on the phone to....

BMW Customer Services

If you wish to contact customer services please do so by:

Telephone: 0870 5050 160
or email: [email protected]

Explain the situation and get the direct number of whoever you speak to. Tell them that you'll be taking the car back in on Monday for example and that you'll be phoning them from the dealers to update them on the next problem or excuse.

Speak to whoever is in charge and tell them you're calling BMW Customer Services right there and then.

I'm sure the threat of BMW UK looking into the problem will sort it all out instantly.

senwar

Post by senwar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:14 am

skelters wrote:I'd be right on the phone to....

BMW Customer Services

If you wish to contact customer services please do so by:

Explain the situation and get the direct number of whoever you speak to. Tell them that you'll be taking the car back in on Monday for example and that you'll be phoning them from the dealers to update them on the next problem or excuse.

Speak to whoever is in charge and tell them you're calling BMW Customer Services right there and then.

I'm sure the threat of BMW UK looking into the problem will sort it all out instantly.
Thanks for this. Very helpful

I'm off to Sytners in the next half hour to pick up the latest sat nav dvd which should have arrived yesterday (not had a call to say otherwise) but if it isn't there, then I will be kicking up a fuss.

Will certainly bear in mind contact CS though - thanks

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:17 am

Best of luck... my situation was escalated to Customer Services, and then I escalated it to management... at that point they just seem to ignore me... getting v.mad now, but unfortunately I don't have any direct dial numbers, so either have to call them on that 0870 # or open ANOTHER ticket. :(

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:19 am

skelters wrote:I'd be right on the phone to....

For those of you in the UK you may know this is a premium rate number... a number which is mapped to a land line. I have looked it up and you can reach this same number on:

01344 426565 (land line number)

or

0800 777113 (freephone)

Save you throwing more money at them at least :wink:

Yal

Post by Yal » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:18 pm

senwar wrote:
I'm off to Sytners in the next half hour to pick up the latest sat nav dvd which should have arrived yesterday (not had a call to say otherwise) but if it isn't there, then I will be kicking up a fuss.
With the luck you've been having, it's probably Barry Manilows Greates hits DVD that they've ordered.

senwar

Post by senwar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Yal wrote:
senwar wrote:
With the luck you've been having, it's probably Barry Manilows Greates hits DVD that they've ordered.
Well - it might as well have been

Got there and they'd got a brand new dvd of 2007-2 professional waiting for me. The Z4 requires 2007-2 high.

UN-BELIEVE-ABLE!!!!

Apparently all parts that have been ordered for mine (and come wrong) have been ordered via the VIN number and catalogue. So obviously my car is friggin wrong in their system. I was mightily peed off to say the least.

They've got 2 weeks to sort all the issues now. Then its major kick off time

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Yeah, my 2007-2 is at the dealer as well waiting for me to collect.

Also received a £250 voucher from the dealer as I complained about my bad delivery experience. (first got a call from BMW GB asking "well sir, how was your experience with this dealer"). After a good feedback session (felt a lot better for it), the dealer called me back and after discussing the same points - they offered me the £250 vouched to restore my faith in them.

Oh well, better then nothing I guess
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Vroomer

Post by Vroomer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:58 pm

pvr wrote:I had a wonky badge but had it put straight by the company that treated the paintwork. The thought of some spotty 16 year old going to your car with a screwdriver to remove the badge was to much to think of ...
Credit card and nimble hands to get the badge up.

THEN, (if you're psycotic,) when the badge is up, get a screw driver. Place it between teh badge and the credit card for more leverage to pry the badge up. :shock:

Best of Luck! 8)

stix

Post by stix » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:22 pm

pvr wrote:Yeah, my 2007-2 is at the dealer as well waiting for me to collect.

Also received a £250 voucher from the dealer as I complained about my bad delivery experience. (first got a call from BMW GB asking "well sir, how was your experience with this dealer"). After a good feedback session (felt a lot better for it), the dealer called me back and after discussing the same points - they offered me the £250 vouched to restore my faith in them.

Oh well, better then nothing I guess
Interesting. Will say nothing but bad things next time I get one of these calls... see if they give me a free M6.
2003 3.0i SG Z4 "Classic"

I've got wood.

senwar

Post by senwar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Well credit where its due, they dropped off a 2007-2 High disk for me this morning.

Shame its still the BMW rubbish nav system edition as it still doesn't find addresses I need.

But cheers Sytner for sorting me this update out

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:17 pm

senwar would you be better trying Sandal at Wakefield instead, just off J40 of M1, or are you not going up the M1 often? I've always had great service off them, far better than you seem to have had at Sytner.

senwar

Post by senwar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:44 am

Wondermike wrote:senwar would you be better trying Sandal at Wakefield instead, just off J40 of M1, or are you not going up the M1 often? I've always had great service off them, far better than you seem to have had at Sytner.
Bought my roadster from Sandall (dealt with Ian Harrison) and have to say Sandals service was superb every time I dealt with them.

Unfortunately they couldn't match the deal Sytner offered at the time so I bought from there (after being warned they weren't the best - although to be fair, I also got info they were good too from another z4um member).

I suppose in a way its swings and roundabouts as Sytner did offer a good deal. Most of this is my frustration and I'll be taking up with the manager next week if I have to.

But I would certainly use Sandal in the future

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:45 pm

If it's just warranty work then I wouldn't stick with Sytner, you might as well take it where you want. I've never had a problem with loan cars or anything from Sandal even though my Z never came from there.