Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW of South Atlanta

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
sbtwister

BMW of South Atlanta

Post by sbtwister » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 am

I know this won't be of much help to those outside the US, but Mike at BMW of South Atlanta just went way beyond what he had to do to find me the part I was looking for.
I was looking for the replacement panel that fits just below the radio-heater area - where many of us put in the AUX IN connector. Real OEM and others list this as 51 45 9 128 397, a realtively inexpensive $8.00 part. I ordered one from BMW of So. Atlanta, paid the $12.95 shipping (ugh) and recieved the part quickly, only to find that the panel has a rectangular cut out in it, like it has a rocker switch insert.
I communicated with Mike, via e-mail, he happily offered to order another one and check it out. I sent him pictures to verify the correct part. The next one Mike got in looked the same, so he said he would check w BMW.
I hardly expected to hear anything, but within a couple of days, I received a shipping notice from Mike, and then a couple of days later, voila, the correct part:51 45 7 053 092, which apparently is obsolete(?), couldn't even find it on Real OEM. BTY it was delivered for free, and they told me don't bother returning the other part - sorry for the trouble.
I really appreciated Mike going out of his way to find the correct ($8.00) part!
So if you need something... here's a solid place to try.
Alpine white Z4 3.0i, Dream red leather, M-sport seats, suspension, Xenons, Hot seats, Prem. sound, XM Radio, Aux in, Strut brace, Black grill, CF Roundels, Stubby, Half foam, MM Tips.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: BMW of South Atlanta

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:59 am

Always good to hear whn someone gets great service form a dealer :thumbsup:

You'll be suprised how many times posts like this turn up on Google searches related to the dealer..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Re: BMW of South Atlanta

Post by lacroupade » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 am

Why not send the guy thanks from the forum. We don't care where they are, we LIKE nice people. :thumbsup:
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?