Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My first service

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
SDS

My first service

Post by SDS » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Took my Z for its first service under my ownership.

Oil service at Fairfield BMW Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. I was initially quoted over the phone at £260, but before I could even negotiate he dropped the price to £225 inc vat because of the car's age. I was still horrified by this price, but given it has a full main dealer service history so far, I didn't want to ruin that.

Took it in on a Saturday, spent a mind-numbing 1hr 45mins in their customer lounge and finally got the nod. All was okay, apart from I've got a broken rear coil spring. He quoted this at over £200 so I have left it for now and am looking for an alternative supplier and fitter (recommendations and price guidance welcome!)

Anyway, fairly good customer service up until when he tried to charge me £260. Luckily I had asked the guy on the phone to include his agreed discounted price on the quote so there was no argument on the day. The guy serving me seemed pretty dismayed at the 'cheap' price but nevertheless, £225 it was. Oh, had to go back to get them to stamp my book too.