Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Grosvenor BMW Reading - Big Thumbs Up

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Steve-EP

Grosvenor BMW Reading - Big Thumbs Up

Post by Steve-EP » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm

I've just had my E85 back from Grosvenor BMW in Reading, who did a Full Service... which is the inspection 2 and more.

Well, a cracking job done by the guys there :thumbsup: £388.00 all in: new fluids for everything, all new filters, handbrake, brake check, all lights cleaned and adjusted, new wiper blades and more... and my Z is a real pleasure to drive again!

My car went in at lunch time and was ready the same day for collection. They gave me good advisory notes, and their advice all round is spot on. They really love BMW's and it goes to show with their advice. They are even happy to tell you how to do a job yourself... where as most garages would probably sooner take the money off you!

It was also nice to hear them say that my Z "is a perfect example of a very well looked after Z4". :D

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Grosvenor BMW Reading - Big Thumbs Up

Post by PawnSacrifice » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Mine was in there a couple days ago they sorted a few MOT advisories and fitted new bushes. There were a couple other Z4s parked up at the time. I know playalistic and Flimper have both used them as well, and were happy with their work. I'm glad they've got it right (bad experience years back when they were a general garage) works out especially well for me as I work a few doors down.

Glad to hear your car got a glowing review as well :thumbsup:

And you're right about them telling you how to do things yourself - I had a wheel bearing flagged, they tried to persuade me to do that, but they were having the car back and I'm lazy... well other projects on the go :D
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

playalistic

Post by playalistic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Had a few bits done there now. Very happy with the service and I'll be using them for any non-warranty/service work from now on :thumbsup:

TeePee

Post by TeePee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Just back from my second visit to Grosvenor this year. This time to have Powerflex bushes to the rear, front end had them fitted at the first visit. The ride is a bit stiffer, but the "rear wheel steering" is cured, and the car corners much better. Very pleased with the result, and another big + for the chaps at Grosvenor.

TeePee

Post by TeePee » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Just had all the drain holes flushed through to remove gunk and leaves which were blocking the tubes. Could have done it myself but live in a flat, so no garage and no jack. Much easier to get Grosvenor to do it, and not prohibitively expensive either!

Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing this, I was looking for a recommended garage (albeit closer to Farnborough) but I don't mind travelling for a better, recommended service. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Inspection 2 alone (including VAT)? I'm just trying to find out what the Service alone costs compared to my local dealer Barons (although I do find my local dealer rather unfriendly and unprofessional - I'm still waiting for them to call me back with parts prices for the past 3 days!)

Thanks.....

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Good result-can i ask what advisories you got? :)
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.