Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

damning the dealers

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

damning the dealers

Post by AlanJ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Good to see some positive feedback about dealers on the forum in recent days but I am somewhat confused as to what constitutes good service and prompts a feedback reponse:

If a forum member gets bad service from one member of staffdamn the dealer (and by default all who work for the dealer).
If a forum member gets good service from one member of staffpraise the dealer (and again by default all who work for etc....).

Now how does this work as it is normally just one persons actions on each occasion that condemn or praise! :ant:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: damning the dealers

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm

But that's the reality of it. The actions of each individual can and usually do represent the face of an organisation at moment. Not fair - perhaps, hence most of these things are taken with a pinch of salt and weighted over many different peoples experiences.

Bad alway carries better than good too. There was something on the news about John Lewis who are widely regarded to have excellent feedback, but one employee was reported to be picking pear bits out his teeth while handling a custoemer ... That one made some TV news headlines
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

If I review a dealer, it is over many years and over many departments. Generally, if one department makes up for the shortfall of another, I would still rate the dealer as "good". If it all falls apart, I then make the change.

As an example, the dealer I used to go to (Chandlers Hailsham) for about 7 years had an excellent service department where I was very happy with. It went wrong in general when a lot of people started leaving, car returned damaged, sales guy not matching or anywhere near matching the price of a new car to another dealer, service desks calls never returned and so on. My review went from "overall good" to "overall bad" so moved away from them.

My current dealer, Vines of Gatwick has also had quit a list of issues during delivery, damage to cars etc but whilst I can get some of the guys in service / sales to make up for those short falls, I will stay there (5 years so far).
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Smokin

Post by Smokin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I agree with pvr, it's not just one person or department, it's the overall service and attitude. I had a run-in with a salesman (idiot) but the other people in the sales department made up for him. I never have a problem with service or parts. Matter of fact, I took my car in yesterday for the yearly oil change (no charge), did some errands and came back. They hadn't gotten to my car yet but that was my fault-I had said I was leaving the car but I came back before they called to tell me it was done. My service adviser moved my car up in the order of service and even had them put it in line as priority for a wash afterward. Fortunately, this is not unusual behavior for this dealer.
2007 3.0si coupe, sapphire black, saddle brown extended leather, heated M seats, premium package, sport package, Carver, light poplar wood trim, xenon, headlight washers, 6 spd. Member BMWCCA, ZSCCA, Homecoming 08 Pirate.