Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scotthall Eastleigh

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
sam4a

Scotthall Eastleigh

Post by sam4a » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Browsing BMW's website, I noticed that Scotthall had a 2007 Z4 of the right spec and price and phoned on the Friday before Xmas to book a test drive at 11.00 on the Saturday. I told the sales woman where we lived and said that it was a 70 mile journey for us. When we arrived - braving sub-zero temperatures and very icy roads - we were told that the car had been sold the day before, but we could "look at it"! She said that she had tried to phone "first thing" but we had already left. I explained that we had left at 09.15 and that I understood that "first thing" was 09:00, to which she said she phoned and left a message "just before 09:15" which we would find on our return home and would we like a coffee!!
So a wasted morning, 140 miles worth of petrol down the Swanee and on our return . . . she hadn't phoned till 09:22 !!!
Guess who won't ever get my business.

Sam4a

PS now found a similar 2008 car quite close to home - collecting it on Friday
Sam4a
2008 Monaco Blue Z4 3.0si Sport Manual

srhutch

Re: Scotthall Eastleigh

Post by srhutch » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 pm

One of those things I would say, at least they did try and call you. Always worth giving a mobile number though as then they have little excuse as it's always with you.

Glad you found something else though.

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:36 pm

sam4a wrote:Browsing BMW's website, I noticed that Scotthall had a 2007 Z4 of the right spec and price and phoned on the Friday before Xmas to book a test drive at 11.00 on the Saturday. I told the sales woman where we lived and said that it was a 70 mile journey for us. When we arrived - braving sub-zero temperatures and very icy roads - we were told that the car had been sold the day before, but we could "look at it"! She said that she had tried to phone "first thing" but we had already left. I explained that we had left at 09.15 and that I understood that "first thing" was 09:00, to which she said she phoned and left a message "just before 09:15" which we would find on our return home and would we like a coffee!!
So a wasted morning, 140 miles worth of petrol down the Swanee and on our return . . . she hadn't phoned till 09:22 !!!
Guess who won't ever get my business.

So once again we condemn a dealership because of the inadequacies of one individual. Did you bring this matter to the attention of the sales manager or dealer principle?
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

sam4a

Post by sam4a » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:21 pm

oh yes, AlanJ

but the usual condescending rubbish

Sam4a
Sam4a

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

sam4a wrote:oh yes, AlanJ

but the usual condescending rubbish

Sam4a
Then letter of complaint to BMW UK seems in order.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

sam4a

Re: Scotthall Eastleigh - UPDATE

Post by sam4a » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Had a courtesy/survey call from BMW today, since I had originally enquired via BMW's website.

Told them exactly what I thought about Scotthall, which she said they would pass on

Sam4a
Sam4a

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Be fair.....if the saleswoman had sold it herself the day before then there is less excuse, but its quite likely someone else sold it and she gets to find out and calls you within 20-odd minutes of getting into work. Hardly bad customer service is it.

And you meantime set off on a 70-mile drive (i) without checking that the appointment is still on, and (ii) without a mobile phone?

'fraid the customer isn't always right.

But welcome to the site sam, we just like to have a moan now and then LOL :thumbsup:
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?