Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pacific BMW (dealer to avoid)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Ahvaio

Pacific BMW (dealer to avoid)

Post by Ahvaio » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:43 am

I would like to first say that the following is my personal opinion and views as a past customer of the said dealer.

About a year ago I took my Z4 into PACIFIC BMW SoCal, in order to have the automatic gas cap locking mechanism replaced under warranty.

I left the car at the location for two days. They were kind enough to provide me with an elegant KIA Rio as a courtesy rental. I went and picked up the car and the gas cap locking mechanism had been replace ( great job). As they had replaced that mechanism they had killed my convertible tops operation.

Before driving off I went in and told my service adviser that my convertible top was no longer working. He was king enough to come out check it and tell me, “Well it must have not been working before you brought it in.” I told him well silly me why would I do that when I know that you would have been kind enough to fix the convertible top while doing the other warranty work. After all the convertible tops are covered. He asked me to take the car back the next day to have the top fixed.

I took my business to another competent BMW dealer.

fire-n-ice

Re: Pacific BMW (dealer to avoid)

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:51 pm

So, tell us the name of that competent BMW dealer so others will know :thumbsup: . I assume they've fixed your auto-top yes?
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Ahvaio

Re: Pacific BMW (dealer to avoid)

Post by Ahvaio » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:59 am

I wish I could remember his name but I don't, I might have blocked it from my memory. I did get the top fixed but not at that dealer, I wasnt sure what they would mess up next.