Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Solihull

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 pm

Just ordered a new Z4 today from Sytner @ Solihull.

Our new car buying research travels have taken us through 3 BMW dealers as well as Volvo, Mazda and Audi dealers.

I thought the team at Sytner Solihull were top notch - particularly Steve (Murphy) our salesman - very professional, patient, helpful and with useful insights and ideas plus comprehensive product knowledge (not something we've found everywhere) - highly recommended.

Peter

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi Peter, congrats on the purchase, what spec / colour did you go for?
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 pm

20i M Sport in San Fran Red with White Interior.

Tragically, it's actually for the missus, not me - though I might get to borrow it if I'm very good.....and give it a wash....

Factory order though - might be as late as Sept apparently...can't wait!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 pm

bleatoid wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 pm 20i M Sport in San Fran Red with White Interior.

Tragically, it's actually for the missus, not me - though I might get to borrow it if I'm very good.....and give it a wash....

Factory order though - might be as late as Sept apparently...can't wait!
Nice combo and I am sure you can drive it to the petrol station to fill it up :rofl:
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 pm

Ha! - Yup - that's about the size of it!

Though I may well take the long way 'round...there's some fantastic driving in Perthshire.... :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Sytner Solihull

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Well it sounds like you have got off to a good start with your OHs Z4 ownership experience!

Now you just need to grab the key first. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Hello and welcome.

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Just happened to look at one in that colour combo a couple of weeks ago
Attachments
A74EA568-B083-4EC2-A85D-350522BCFBAA.jpeg
A74EA568-B083-4EC2-A85D-350522BCFBAA.jpeg (146.62 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
2BCF6273-6823-4D17-9FAE-F0F4F260864A.jpeg
2BCF6273-6823-4D17-9FAE-F0F4F260864A.jpeg (117.14 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 pm Well it sounds like you have got off to a good start with your OHs Z4 ownership experience!

Now you just need to grab the key first. :driving:
    Fat chance. :(

bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sun May 16, 2021 12:29 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 pm Hello and welcome.

I think it'll be very smart, maybe pick of the bunch - so long as you can tolerate the white leather growing old.
    Mind you - we didn't manage to see one in the flesh - so hard determining what the colour actually is sometimes from many different pics - yours confirms our thinking though..
    Did you go for it?

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 am

bleatoid wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:29 am

I think it'll be very smart, maybe pick of the bunch - so long as you can tolerate the white leather growing old.
    Mind you - we didn't manage to see one in the flesh - so hard determining what the colour actually is sometimes from many different pics - yours confirms our thinking though..
    Did you go for it?
    No, my OH isn’t keen on red cars (that’s her studying it) and it’s not available on any other BMW and she wanted to see it in person

Even though other people say it’s not to bad to maintain we both wear jeans a lot of the time so the white leather is not something we’d get through personal choice.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

bleatoid

Sytner Solihull

Post by bleatoid » Sun May 16, 2021 1:02 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 am
      bleatoid wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:29 am

Did you go for it?
      No, my OH isn’t keen on red cars (that’s her studying it) and it’s not available on any other BMW and she wanted to see it in person

Even though other people say it’s not to bad to maintain we both wear jeans a lot of the time so the white leather is not something we’d get through personal choice.
      Yep - jeans will mark it - I'm currently driving an XC60 (apologies for swearing on this forum...) with white leather - and after 4 years there's a blue tinge on my side. But - it wasn't pre treated, I never clean them with leather treatment....and it isn't particularly offensive. to look at.

I'd still always go for a light colour leather - certainly in preference to black, and colours (tans and reds) are tricky....

As for that shade of red, there's a couple either side of it across the range- very, very nice more "rust" shade on a M3 Competition we saw in the showroom today...hmmm...

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun May 16, 2021 1:38 am

bleatoid wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:02 am
      Argyll Andy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 am
      bleatoid wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:29 am I think it'll be very smart, maybe pick of the bunch - so long as you can tolerate the white leather growing old.
      Did you go for it?

Yep - jeans will mark it - I'm currently driving an XC60 (apologies for swearing on this forum...) with white leather - and after 4 years there's a blue tinge on my side. But - it wasn't pre treated, I never clean them with leather treatment....and it isn't particularly offensive. to look at.

I'd still always go for a light colour leather - certainly in preference to black, and colours (tans and reds) are tricky....

As for that shade of red, there's a couple either side of it across the range- very, very nice more "rust" shade on a M3 Competition we saw in the showroom today...hmmm...
      I’d definitely describe San Francisco red as autumnal almost with a rust/orange tinge in certain lights :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 16, 2021 8:56 am

I love the colour and the white leather is ok - just have to pre treat and keep cleaning once a month as I have done in the past :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
        Legend
        Legend

Sytner Solihull

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 16, 2021 6:58 pm

That sounds like a fantastic colour combination. :thumbsup:

I always prefer an interior that isn't black. My first two Z4s had Pearl Grey which is very light but it never got discoloured - although I never wore new jeans in it just in case!
        Coupes because stunning!
        Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
        Gone - Montego Blue
        Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
        Lifer
        Lifer

Sytner Solihull

Post by ronk » Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 pm

I’ve got “oyster”coloured leather in her ladyships 335 - almost 6 years old and still looks good .
        You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
        So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: