Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Extremely poor customer service by BMW UK

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Bikermole

Extremely poor customer service by BMW UK

Post by Bikermole » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 am

You’d think they would offer more than a “sorry you are experiencing difficulties” and a “part is not available for 8 weeks” when having bought a Z4 2.0i MSport as a 60th birthday present, fully kitted out with the toys, then waiting an extra month for the build (4 months total, 27Oct delivery) you get 8 miles from showroom and brakes fail.

Dealership eventually was forthcoming with why and when - I had to call them prior to that.

BMW will pay the first 3 months finance plus costs, due to my having signed the paperwork, taken ownership, paying road tax and insurance with no car to show for it. That’s the only good news so far but, that wasn’t offered it was only after pressure from me and the dealership.

Biggest worry for me is the DSC which is reportedly the underlying cause is a critical stability component, I was lucky I just lost parking brake and auto hold and not had it fail in much more dangerous fashion.

If anyone is wondering, I have been provided a base spec new Z4, with a red change battery warning. Great, the lowest of the low instead of my full tech pack etc dream car.