Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner BMW Leicester (Avoid)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
parabolica

Post by parabolica » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 pm

mcbutler wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:07 pm Yes it is i guaranteee you, even the inside of your car is a public space. Synter will no doubt have CCTV in the workshop/showroom/parking areas etc. You will even find CCTV in changing areas of swimming pools, not in the cubicles but often covering transit areas and open shower areas where people are expected to be clothed.
The premises/workshop of a private corporation is not public; there is a big difference between an employer filming their employees and customers vs a member of the public filming their work practices.

OP hope you get the spring sorted.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Maybe I missed something here but I always take my BMWs to a good Indy, and would never think of going to a BMW main agent for an MOT! :headbang:

Why on earth would you do that? :?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:57 am

Agreed - best place is either a trusted garage or one of those local authority places that doesn't have a workshop then they have no vested interested in finding things for it to fail on so they can fix them for you.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:31 am

I kinda get the OPs point, I would have no real issue with them switching off or removing the dashcam but going into it an editing the footage I would take exception to
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am

Might seem obvious and I may have missed something but did you query them on any of this or raise any questions with them regarding your concerns?
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

keving1

Post by keving1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Adil_3 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm 2 days prior I took my car to BMWMAN for oil and full a-z check over prior to my MOT so I know everything is tip-top shape
I'd be asking questions to BMWMAN and why did he miss it :thumbsdown:
Adil_3 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm My car sat there for an hour unattended, dashcam confirms that but can someone tell me why my dashcam was given back to me unplugged and an hour of footage deleted during the MOT check?
If they deleted footage from the dashcam, why did they not delete the video which shows the car waiting for 1 hour?

Seems to me you're p*ssed with Synter for your car failing the MOT for an issue the Indi should have spotted :poke:
Last edited by keving1 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:49 pm

parabolica wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 pm
mcbutler wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:07 pm Yes it is i guaranteee you, even the inside of your car is a public space. Synter will no doubt have CCTV in the workshop/showroom/parking areas etc. You will even find CCTV in changing areas of swimming pools, not in the cubicles but often covering transit areas and open shower areas where people are expected to be clothed.
The premises/workshop of a private corporation is not public; there is a big difference between an employer filming their employees and customers vs a member of the public filming their work practices.

Agree.

You can film or photograph any part of their business, including their workshop, providing that you and your equipment are located on public property, including property with assumed public access, likely to include their car park. However, should they revoke your assumed access, you have no rights on their property.

You, including covert recording, have no rights once located on their property. It’s their call.

Greg 01

Post by Greg 01 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi guys .
I had some work done on my car a few weeks ago and the garage specifically asked me to disconnect the dashcam re the data protection .
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 am

Lance wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:49 pm
parabolica wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Agree.

You can film or photograph any part of their business, including their workshop, providing that you and your equipment are located on public property, including property with assumed public access, likely to include their car park. However, should they revoke your assumed access, you have no rights on their property.

You, including covert recording, have no rights once located on their property. It’s their call.
Your car interior is a public space in law, thats how the police can search a car without a warrant and arrest you for having lets say a knife in 'public' when its in your car. Dont believe me then ask a legal bod... Not going to argue the case I know its a fact..
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 am

Is it beyond the garages just to simply put covers over the cameras, or a cloth on the windscreen?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 pm

mcbutler wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 am
Lance wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:49 pm
parabolica wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 pm The premises/workshop of a private corporation is not public; there is a big difference between an employer filming their employees and customers vs a member of the public filming their work practices.

Agree.

Your car interior is a public space in law, thats how the police can search a car without a warrant and arrest you for having lets say a knife in 'public' when its in your car. Dont believe me then ask a legal bod... Not going to argue the case I know its a fact..
:)