Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Malton Motors, Malton, N Yorks

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Malton Motors, Malton, N Yorks

Post by AlanJ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Having spent several months out of the UK I rely on good servicing and dealer support for my wife and family when I am away. The team at Malton Motors (BMW and Mini) located in Malton near York are exceptional. When needed cars are collected from my house and returned the same day (washed and polished). My daughter recently had a sidelight lamp fail in her Mini, called in and quickly replaced at no cost. Friendly and honest service and always a good cup of coffee.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

etedlm

Re: Malton Motors, Malton, N Yorks

Post by etedlm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 pm

yes i agree,i live in hull but i take my car to malton motors because of the service and friendlyness of the staff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaveZ4C

Re: Malton Motors, Malton, N Yorks

Post by DaveZ4C » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I found Malton to be as bad as the rest. Brought my Z4 in to have warrenty issues (rattles) fixed that weren't properly fixed by other dealers.

I had to drive there from Leeds to show them the issues, then book it in two weeks in advance, leave it three days - because they "didn't get round to it" in the one day they had actually allocated, pay £45 (£15 a day) plus petrol for the privilege of using their 3-cylinder Fiat courtesy car (that was seriously crapped up inside and out) to get home and then back.

My car wasn't cleaned when I got it back, but it did have a bigger rattle that when I left it with them. When I pointed this out (and demonstrated how what they had done had made it worse), I was told that all I needed to do was buy a certain product and apply it to the affected area. The BS was obvious to both myself and the dealer.

I would have paid to not have them waste my time like this.

I only went there because of the one or two good reports I saw on this site. I wish I'd never seen these reports on this site.

Dave