Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

B for BMW in Glasgow

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Pbondar

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Just picked up my Z from them after a deep maintenance check, major service, new revised cam chain/tensioner, revised oil pump drive, ZF box oil /filter change and Quaife limited slip diff fitted..not the cheapest but great service, extremely knowledgeable and reassuring when opening up the inwards of these beasts..

Second job I've had done with them..in both cases minor hiccups caused by unforseen events but all well handled.. :driving:

The proprietor even showed me how to do doughnuts woth my new LSD!!
:rofl:
Drive back with new LSD epic.. :thumbsup:
Attachments
2020-01-21 12.33.47.jpg
2020-01-21 12.33.47.jpg (209.67 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
Last edited by Pbondar on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benderloch

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Benderloch » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:48 pm

B for BMW and A for Audi.
Thanks for the recommendation
E86 Silver Grey Red leather, Piano Black trim.

Pbondar

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Pbondar » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Since I posted that some people have commented that they have had less than great service but my experience was fine..

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Nictrix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:35 pm

I have always had good service from them and have been using them for around 5 years. They are very accomodating.
I wouldn't say that they are the cheapest around but definitely cheaper than main dealers.
You have to wonder if people who have complained about the service are complaining about the cost or whether money had to be spent on something they didn't agree with.
My last dealings with them was with my X6. It went in for what I thought was a slight oil leak from the sump bolt which turned out to be the oil filter housing was cracked. Not their fault it was a bigger job than I expected so I cant complain.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Trav

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Trav » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:17 pm

I phoned them up about the Int 2 service last year. Wouldn't tell me what they were doing on the service and spoke to me like I was an idiot. I am not even sure I got a sensible price off them as they were just quoting a normal service price, which I new it wasn't. In fact our local BMW dealer also wouldn't list what they were going to do so I avoided them as well.
Eventually phone M Tech in Kirkcaldy. The lady on the phone told me exactly what the int 2 required and said she wouldn't quote me until she had all the bits and bobs priced properly. I thought they did a great job and would use them again. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experience of them.
Z4MR A.W.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by buzyg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Doughnuts. :D :thumbsup:

Benderloch

B for BMW in Glasgow

Post by Benderloch » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Eventually phone M Tech in Kirkcaldy. The lady on the phone told me exactly what the int 2 required and said she wouldn't quote me until she had all the bits and bobs priced properly. I thought they did a great job and would use them again. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experience of them.
[/quote]

Anybody got more information on M Tech Kirkcaldy?
E86 Silver Grey Red leather, Piano Black trim.