Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Budd's BMW - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
takedown8

Budd's BMW - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Post by takedown8 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:30 am

Brought my Z4 in for an "oil service" today. They tell me that it involves an oil change, and they inspect tires, brakes, tire pressures, and a couple of other things.

I get the car back an hour or so later, and they tell me that everything's great, and I have x number of mm on each tire, and x mm on the brakes. Then the service manager tells me that they filled my tire pressures to 36psi on all four tires (recommended is 33 front and 36 back). I'm only slightly annoyed that they messed that up, but I figure no big deal.

I walk out to get my car, and check my tire pressures figuring that I would let some air out of the front tires to bring them back down to 33. Guess what, the tire pressures are exactly the same as when I measured them a couple of days ago: 32 in front and 34 in the back. Which means they didn't fill the tires with air at all.

So I call the service manager & tell her the situation. I tell her that it's not so much that the air is a big deal, but that it makes me worried that other things that they claim have been done have not actually been done.

She puts me on hold and gets back to me a minute later saying that the technician told her about the 36's all around, but he doesn't do the tire pressures. And that the actual guy who does the tire pressures and refills air told her that he refilled them to 33 in front and 35 in back.

Now i'm wondering if they even changed my frickin oil and filter! I'm not sure if I can trust these people with my car. If they can't get something as small as filling your air pressures correct, then I'm not sure they can be trusted for more serious repairs.
2005 Z4 3.0i, Maldives Blue, Beige int, Black top