Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Bodyshop in and around Southampton

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
ProfCJJ

BMW Bodyshop in and around Southampton

Post by ProfCJJ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:40 am

After my car was crashed into whilst parked (see my other “Spain” thread) I’ll need the services of a Bodyshop. I’ll need a new bonnet and probably passenger side front quarter panel plus alloy wheel.

The insurers use GC Bodyshop in Soton - they are BSI certified and approved repairers for a number of marques - though not BMW. They say they use only marque approved parts in their repair.

I can go with a BMW Bodyshop if I wish - but I don’t know of any (other than what I find through google).

Is there any value in going with a BMW Bodyshop or is it not worth the effort and just go with the Bodyshop mentioned.

GC will do an appraisal when I am back next week, and I could take it to a BMW place to get a similar appraisal- the cost is “irrespective” in that the insurance pays either way - I’m just asking is there any intrinsic value in going with a BMW place come what may?

If so - any recommendations please?

Thanks
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.