Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Paisley Freight

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
AnubisZed

Paisley Freight

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:44 am

Good morning all,

I thought I'd throw my 2p worth in here, as I'm the seller in this issue :D

When Geoff said he'd buy the seats off me he said he'd send a courier to pick them up. Well I've never sent anything this size via courier before so wasn't quite sure what to do. Anyway Geoff sent me all the information etc and I checked up on their website for how to package them up. Well they don't actually mention car seats, loads of other items but not seats. So I got loads of bubble-wrap and cardboard and we already had a roll of that industrial cling-film to "seal" it all up.
Now I'm no packaging expert, but I tried my best. OK with hindsight I should have covered the rear parts of the runners up better, but they were covered, probably just not enough.
Once the one seat was returned to me (which took longer than the one that was actually delivered to Geoff!! :? ) at no point was I told why they'd refused it on packaging grounds, by the courier. So I "strengthened" it back up and made it ready for collection.
When the courier arrived for the second attempt, the same guy, he told me why it had been refused (apparently he had asked) and that it was the metal runners poking out the back. As I wasn't aware of this he had to refuse the pick up as he didn't have time for me to do anything about it there and then (I was at work after-all!), hence the second refusal. Now I was very annoyed about this as Paisley could have told me on the phone (as I'd contacted them to enquire when they were picking it up) but did not inform me anything at all.
Now I have no problem with the guy who came to pick it up, after all it was the warehouse that refused it initially and only with the information did he refuse it the second time. And once he was aware he was very helpful.
At the end of the day this is purely a packaging issue and a lack of communication from Paisley.
A seat is a very awkward item to package and for it to retain this packaging in transit, especially if it is to be handled a number of times.
I'm sure if the seats were bolted down to a pallet and then wrapped it would have been a perfect one-shot delivery, but I'm sure that would have cost a hell of a lot more.

Either way I'm glad it's over, lol, and I hope you are happy with the seats Geoff.
Oh and for anyone else, Geoff is a really nice genuine guy to deal with :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

IRD

Paisley Freight

Post by IRD » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Just had my wheels on overnight delivery from Paisley Freight. Given two hour delivery slot. Wheels arrived right at the beginning of the notified slot. Seems it is very hit and miss reading other posts.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Paisley Freight

Post by john-e89 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Just had a refund from them for not picking a single bed up. It’s in 3 parts, two bed heads and the base, mattress, that’s it. The heads weigh nothing, pick up with a couple of fingers, base the same, mattress...it’s a single mattress.... :roll: I filled in the description, size and approx weight on the booking form, driver refused to pick up, said it needed a pallet, was an arse apparently, I rang Paisley, woman said she can’t garantee pick up due to size and I’d be better finding a removal firm to fetch it.... :headbang: . Went down for it myself, cost £40 in diesel in my van, they quoted £72.

Useless... :roll: Good with tyres and wheels though, no complaints there I have to say.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Paisley Freight

Post by mr wilks » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am

If i was transporting wheels or tyres i wouldn't even consider any other courier , must have totalled over 15o sets with them & not one single issue collecting or delivering .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo