Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WARNING: BMW Parts Online

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Guys.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but a bit underhand.

Just a quick heads up for anyone using (or about to use) the 'official' Rybrook online ordering portal.

I've ordered a couple of things on there where it's been easier than going to my (not very good) local dealers, and I've started to notice (don't know how long it's been happening) that they're adding spurious charges for P&P and 'low value orders'.

Their Ts&Cs state one value for P&P and when the surcharges apply for sub-£25 orders, but are charging a £6 surcharge on everything.

For example, I ordered a couple of little bits the other day, and noticed there was a low value surcharge, so I added a duplicate item as a spare. Carried on through the order and paid. Then I realised I'd forgotten something and finally got around to doing it today, but as it was low value I expected to see the notification...which I did...

...but also noticed the shipping seemed quite high, so I double-checked the shipping & surcharge page to see this...

So not only am I paying over the odds for shipping, but am being charged a low value order surcharge when it's not low value (I doubled up on the item to take it well over their threshold). Plus I now see that the UK is not listed as a country where the surcharge applies anyway!

I’ve used their contact page to query this, along with photos of their own Ts&Cs, but expecting them to pass the buck onto their foreign (by the look of some of the wording & sentence structure) development team.
Last edited by mmm-five on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 pm

That sounds a bit off, have you queried them about? I think I probably would :x
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Noted.