Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Marshall BMW Hampshire (Hook)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 pm

We’re all singing off the same sheet, it’s crazy.

I share your pain “ihadablackdog” ... the problem with mine I’m almost certain stems from some work they did on it last year, the service adviser as good as agreed it was likely on the on the phone.

I know and agree with advice that keeps coming back about going to a decent indie instead. I totally agree, I’ve just had many years of using the warranty and being too scared to lose it.

Certainly coming to decision time though ...
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:03 pm

My car’s in my local dealer right now for mot and they let me take the new Z4 out for test drive (fully aware I can’t afford one but I guess it’s sowing the seed)!

So can’t complain about them now! (Westerly Barnstaple, not those twats in hook)
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Missed a trick last week.

Got a settlement figure from BMW Finance (just for info, not looking to change) and sure enough, later that day the Hook twats rang saying they'd been contacted by BMW Finance to say I'd requested a settlement figure and they were ringing to check it was genuine!! :rofl: :rofl: the bullsh1t never ends!

He said he could see that when I got the car I had a few problems with the brakes!!!

Stupidly I told him I wasn't changing and only wanted a guide to what the figure was. Kicking myself that I didn't say I was considering one of the new Z4's and reeling them in :roll:
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm

....bump

(just to make sure people don't forget that Marshall BMW at Hook are shite!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm

I've no idea why anyone on here would be thinking of going there anymore, now that Bowser134 has opened RBM in Hook! :?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm I've no idea why anyone on here would be thinking of going there anymore, now that Bowser134 has opened RBM in Hook! :?
No brainer :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Never bought from a BMW main dealer or franchise, though can’t believe some of the comments here, I’d never buy the marque again if they shat on me like some of these cases.

On the other end of the scale, I’ve found Volvo, Merc, AUDI & Toyota have gone well out of their way to make me a happy customer... even sorting minor things without mentioning it
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm

To be fair I think it is the luck of the draw.

I bought my 1st BMW as an AUC car from Scotthall on the South Coast and they were excellent.

But my 2nd was a pre-reg I bought from Cooper in Croydon and collection day was shambolic. :headbang:

I used Sytner in Ascot for servicing for both of them for 8 years or so (both had Service Packs) and I never had any issues with them.

Now my cars are older they only ever go to Main Agents for recall work!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:27 am

.. lucky u didn’t buy a McLaren - long story - just goes to show money doesn’t guarantee car happiness

https://youtu.be/H7qpUqwLS9o
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

PDJ

Post by PDJ » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:23 am

Many years ago when I was a young lad and was struggling to get a Ford dealer to sort out a poor example out, my uncle who was a business man owning a news agents and small super market, showed me a little trick that focuses the mind.

When part way into complaining and not getting the result you would like stay very calm and produce a £20 note, now ask them to inspect it very carefully then ask them is it genuine and perfectly good money, the answer you are looking for is yes it is perfectly good money, you next comment is along the lines my money is perfect so can I have perfect goods or service in exchange. It is a fair deal.

It worked for me a few times.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:44 pm

My brother has had 2 new McLarens. the 1st one blew the engine up while he was in Italy. He demanded and got another brand new car as he did not want a miss matched numbers car.
His 2nd new car is back at woking because the windows kept dropping down while parked..not good. As in the story, he loves the cars.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Robtp10

Post by Robtp10 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm

I have experienced a few issues with Marshall's in Hook. I went in there to buy a car and was ignored for 30 minutes so walked out and bought elsewhere. A few months later my wifes car was being replaced and she spotted a new black M140i in the showroom. She spoke with a salesman and looked at it and liked it. I went in on the Saturday to buy it. Reception asked if they could help so I said "yes please I would like to buy that M140i please". The receptionist engaged the salesman my wife had spoken with but he was dealing with something so said would be 10 minutes. 15 minutes later she approached the salesman again and then me where she said " I am sorry we are too busy today", can we call you next week". There were several other sales people just sitting at their desks. I walked out and bought a Cupra for my wife instead. I also booked my daily driver in there (Company car so had to go to main dealer) turned up and the service representative said I know you are booked in but we are very busy so may not get to your car today. A week later thay had still not got to it so I picked it up and took it a different dealership who diagnosed it there and then and told me I needed a new rear window which fixed the problem (Arial in heated rear view stopped working). I have since bought the company car so go to Ross at RBM now where service is excellent.

2k35is

Post by 2k35is » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:57 pm

Ive gt similar problems with Sytners no use of car for 3 weeks ends. Advised service technician would be making a complaint and says on BMW site to take it up first with the servce manager at the dealers first. Not got to speaking to him yet but wondering if anyone had any success and obtaining some sort of redress from dealer. Normally would go for something of next service(Inspection 11, Mot and brake fluid change all due end August.
BUT Ive lost all trust in them and want totry another dealer(still has warranty on it) any suggestions or anyone had a success in anyway. Just to say didn't have loan car(got a daily to use) on two of occasions, on third they left it overnight only but I didn't use it.
BMW breakdown were brilliant not part of policy but after not getting phone call back from Sytners they came out as goodwill gesture, found where coolant was coming from. Friday night so they arranged to have it relayed back to Sytners first thing Monday morning,
Dec 2009 Z4 35i DCT Deep Sea Blue
2018 3 door Cooper S DCT
sold 2003 e46 330ci Convertible

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Made myself laugh reading my own posts here from 2019, moaning about waiting times :rofl: How the world has changed !
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:27 am

Robtp10 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm A few months later my wifes car was being replaced and she spotted a new black M140i in the showroom. She spoke with a salesman and looked at it and liked it. I went in on the Saturday to buy it. Reception asked if they could help so I said "yes please I would like to buy that M140i please". The receptionist engaged the salesman my wife had spoken with but he was dealing with something so said would be 10 minutes. 15 minutes later she approached the salesman again and then me where she said " I am sorry we are too busy today", can we call you next week". There were several other sales people just sitting at their desks. I walked out and bought a Cupra for my wife instead.
Just wondering but why didn’t you point out to the receptionist that there were other sales persons twiddling their thumbs and request her to get one of them to sell you the M140i?

Or alternatively ask to speak to a manager so you could buy the car for your wife on the day…
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI