Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Marshall BMW Hampshire (Hook)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:27 pm

When I use to sell cars we carried an appraisal book which we filled out with every new customer we met, on the reverse side of page in big black letters BMWWit stood for brave man without wife! we recognised the importance of the key decision maker... the other thing, NO BODY WALKS! anyone who came in got dealt with even if we were super busy, you only get one opportunity to do business.

I went with my bro inlaw a year ago to buy a new Kia Sportage, we travelled 60 miles to a dealership on a Sunday morning. Salesman was a joke, this was a cash deal and asked whether he could get a test drive... salesman said only if your going to buy the car! Couldn't believe it... then I noticed he had an appointment waiting with a nice small family unit, he lost the easiest deal of the day, judgemental and rude. I wanted to complain to the manager but my bro inlaw didn't want a fuss. Went and bought one the next day up in Perth, no hassle.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:35 pm

When I got the car from Marshals, I said I needed to collect it on a “Saturday” as I would be travelling from Devon so didn’t want to take a day off work. This has never been an issue with any other dealer.

He pointed out they don’t normally do handovers on Saturdays as that is their busiest selling day! ie on Saturday we are only interested in new customers, not those who have already bought!!!

I made it clear it would be a Saturday or the sale was over, so a time was agreed. Turned out to be the Saturday of the 2nd Beast from the East (couldn’t blame them for that though 😂). Got it home safe and then the Sunday morning it was snowed in, clearly showing how Alpine White is definitely not Alpine white!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Robtp10

Post by Robtp10 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:22 am

R60BBA wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:27 am
Robtp10 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm A few months later my wifes car was being replaced and she spotted a new black M140i in the showroom. She spoke with a salesman and looked at it and liked it. I went in on the Saturday to buy it. Reception asked if they could help so I said "yes please I would like to buy that M140i please". The receptionist engaged the salesman my wife had spoken with but he was dealing with something so said would be 10 minutes. 15 minutes later she approached the salesman again and then me where she said " I am sorry we are too busy today", can we call you next week". There were several other sales people just sitting at their desks. I walked out and bought a Cupra for my wife instead.
Just wondering but why didn’t you point out to the receptionist that there were other sales persons twiddling their thumbs and request her to get one of them to sell you the M140i?

Or alternatively ask to speak to a manager so you could buy the car for your wife on the day…
Honestly, because I was a bit fed up with it, so voted with my feet.