Marshall BMW Hampshire (Hook)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Avoid!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

philbo909

Post by philbo909 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Why?
Sapphire black z4 coupe 130,000miles young

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

In my experience (of buying over 10 BMW's, both new and used from different dealers) this was the worst dealer experience I've ever had.

They lied to me. Admittedly they have now rectified that, but only cos I sussed them out.

They have poor aftersales service, and although 1 person eventually helped sort things out, the rest were useless...they didn't return calls, they left me hanging whilst the "guy" dealing with it went on a weeks annual leave (which is when I complained and got onto the person that sorted it, I think he was some top manager, but I had to go through several people to get him to help me).

There are other issues, but I won't go into those here.

Nice big dealership with nice cars, and perhaps my experience is very rare, but in my opinion (and thats all it is) they are very poor with after sales service. I wouldn't go back.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Fireball

Post by Fireball » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:37 pm

I had a similar unpleasant experience last year from the Bournemouth dealership. Salesman very helpful and pleasant at time of purchase BUT none of the work requested and agreed was done prior to collection despite being told that it was completely ready. On collection I had car booked in for the work to be carried out, on arrival on the due date there was no booking for the workshop but a courtesy car had been booked for me . Second attempt only went slightly better in that the work did get done eventually, 4 days to complete a few hours of work. There seemed to be a force field between the workshop and showroom which are on different sites, I feel that only my persistent telephoning to both sales and workshop teams got the work done. It must have cost the dealership a fortune, unless the ploy of course is that doing the work this way they can get paid by BMW for it as warranty work ! Not sure what they are like now but my customer feedback which was polite and mapped out the issues in full never prompted a response which I did find odd at the time. Have now started to use another dealer which is a much more pleasant experience.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Most of the used ones I’ve had all had issues on collection that were easily sorted under warranty, so I agree, I think they leave such issues till after the sale, because to fix before comes off their profit but for the customer to bring it in afterwards gets paid for by warranty (i think).
2011 E89 sDrive20i