Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW of South Atlanta

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

BMW of South Atlanta

Post by ovrkll » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:54 am

hmm, since I am a moderator for the world's largest dedicated Z4 forum, I have withheld all thoughts and dealings with my local dealership. It really is not fair for me to chastise or regale any dealerships and influence anyone into my choice of servicers.
Background: '06 Z4M at 42k miles (warranty runs out at 50k) and a daily driver
I have received top notch treatment in regards to normal servicing.

Seatbacks and steering wheel button surrounds are worn excessivesly (at least in my opinion, pics to be added later). My service manager agreed, parts were ordered, and all is to be replaced tomorrow. :D
I have dealt with other "service advisors" in the past and have never received as good a treatment, and respect, as I have from Cheryl Grimm (the senior service advisor). Let me add to the fact that I look like I should not be driving an "M", but more like a VW bus (long hair and hippy :lol: :lol: ). Maybe not that extreme, but I do fit in at an Iron Maiden/Metallica concert......

More details to follow after the parts change. :)
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Mikenmass

Re: BMW of South Atlanta

Post by Mikenmass » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 am

Good to hear a good dealer experience. It shouldn't matter what you look like but I'm the only one in there without boat shoes sometimes. :) My service advisor has been good to me as well and as long as that stays the same I'll be back. I have 4 dealers within 30 miles so it helps I think.
Live where the tide matters.

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:47 am

Update as promised. Everything went very smoothly and efficiently as expected, since i have always received good service with anything that I needed done.
Here is a pic of the seatback:

Hole in the back of both seats from rubbing up against the roll bar. You would think that BMW would have realised it as a problem, and either used better material or prevent the seats from touching.

Steering wheel spoke cover:

I accidently cleaned a little too vigorously one day and the coating came right off.

These are minor items that I wanted fixed before the bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out :D
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 am

You ARE a long hair, hippy type freak.... :poke:
Drives 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks! :P :P
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 am

You KNOW I could not let that pass... :rofl:
Drives 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

2 Zero
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2 Zero » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:44 am

It's nice to hear good things about a dealer!

Mine is ok, Nothing to rave about but not really anything to complain about either!!
Out driving my car!!
See ya on the road!!

Smokin

Post by Smokin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 am

Good to hear my dealer isn't the only good one in the South. Performance BMW in Chapel Hill (Rick Hendrick dealership). They must be doing something right as the parking deck at work has a majority of BMWs in it and they almost all have Performance plate frames on them.
2007 3.0si coupe, sapphire black, saddle brown extended leather, heated M seats, premium package, sport package, Carver, light poplar wood trim, xenon, headlight washers, 6 spd. Member BMWCCA, ZSCCA, Homecoming 08 Pirate.