Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dealers in South Wales

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
stevedruidstone

Dealers in South Wales

Post by stevedruidstone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi
Anyone had any good experiences at dealers in Cardiff or Newport?
thanks
2008 2.0. Montegro Blue. Leather heated seats, comfort package, 108 wheels and aux in

Mikey

Re: Dealers in South Wales

Post by Mikey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Have'nt dealt with any in that area, but where abouts are you from?
ImageBlack 06 Z4MC. Mangowalk aerial. C/Fibre spoiler. ZHP Gear stick. Leather Z arm rests. CDV Mod

z4phill

Post by z4phill » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 pm

just picked up my zed from sytners cardiff , chrged me £87 to tell me that my steering colum needs changing which is what i said when i took it in hummmm ,no good will , and an estimate for £1800 to put it right on the plus side they smiled when they took my money :rofl:

Magsy

Post by Magsy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 pm

You could come to Trainers in Swansea, since it burnt down and was rebuilt its quite a pleasureable place to be :o
Cheaper than Sytners but not as cheap as Cotswold BMW (who tend to be the cheapest)
2003 3.0 Z4 SE Auto + 2004 E46 M3 SMG II

Pauly_G

Post by Pauly_G » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 am

Interestingly I phoned both Sytners this week (Cardiff & Newport) as I was phoning around for quotes for an oil service and brake fluid change for my Z4 Coupe....both quoted an extortionate amount for the oil service (£280....!) and both were unable to give me a quote for the brake fluid change but promised to ring me back with a quote.... Well, four days later and both dealers have failed to ring me back, so I'm glad to see they're interested in my custom. Based upon this experience I don't intend to even contemplate using them in the future.

I was ultimately planning to use them as a price yardstick against Bristol and Bath, in the end my local dealer - Bristol - managed to beat the local independent, quoting £214 for both the oil and brake fluid which I am quite happy about. Even though, this sort of behaviour and attitude does nothing for the Sytner brand, nor does it help them attract any potential business.

Cheers

Paul

Sojourn

Post by Sojourn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Sytners Cardiff scratched up my Zed when it went in for some warranty work (leaky door seal). The seal now squeeks when I go over a bump so it needs to go back again for rectification. On the bright side though Sytners bodyshop over near Newport road (Cardiff) are brilliant - they sorted out the scratches for me (as you would expect) but the also fitted a bumper bracket for me for free :)
2006 Titanium Silver 3.0si - all bells and whistles except elec folding mirrors and cruise control...and recently discovered missing ULF'amajig...

stevedruidstone

Post by stevedruidstone » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 am

Just love this extra charge of £80 odd quid for stating the bleeding obvious from Sytners Cardiff. Local garage found the common broken rear springs but couldnt do it themselves. So a day with the main stealers to tell me what I told them- rear springs broken. Labour at £125 an hour too. When I had the day after call to see what I thought I stated that I would expect to pay £125 for a colo-rectal surgeon but not a mechanic (not that he got that rate in his pay packet)
2008 2.0. Montegro Blue. Leather heated seats, comfort package, 108 wheels and aux in