19 August, 2017 . . . . DFW MAP RALLY . . . . "The Grapeful Dead Tour"
A FUN ROAD RALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country on paved roads north of McKinney in Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
• Starting Place: Clay Cooley Volkswagen of Richardson, 300 N. Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080. Registration opens at 9:00am
• The odo check ends at Crow's Country Cafe in Anna. Here you will receive your maps and your instructions for finding the dozen or so locations (mostly in Collin County) that you have to locate, and then visit.
• Take one-half hour to determine your route from map(s) provided.
• Cars leave the official start in any order (but 1 minute apart).
• Length: as short as you can in miles, about 2-1/2 hours in time.
• Finish: back at Crow's Country Cafe, where you got your map.
• Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Unpaved roads may be used, but there are reasonable routes that are entirely paved.
• Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
• Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Cars built before 1940 will get a little extra time. Thirty cars entered our last rally.
• Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. Preregistration at msreg.us/DMR17msr is highly recommended. Those who preregister will receive the rally "General Instructions" a few days before rally day via email. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com. The Rallymaster is John Poulos.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend.....Join us!
Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm