Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Zed road trip!

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Zed road trip!

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi, got back from a great couple of weeks in Cornwall recently-took my zed despite swimbo's protestations regarding lack of space (the alternative was my micra,so I stuck to my guns)
About 350 miles from Chelmford to St Ives but the smooth 6cylinder engine was a superb mile muncher & the car was very comfy.
We did a bit of travelling about/exploring & I'd really like to move down there one day.
Regards

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Re: Zed road trip!

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Great stuff , if you only squeezed a Z into this pic then up for photo of the month :P :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Excellent one though my childhood memories of St Ives was that of it being distinctly un-car friendly with narrow streets, steep hills and nowhere to park... :D
E85 2.0l 2006 Zeeee 4 Roadster, black with black leather, whippy spec. and a few toys.
3 kids, one wife so a Zed makes a perfect family car in that you leave the family at home... :D

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Georgio wrote:Excellent one though my childhood memories of St Ives was that of it being distinctly un-car friendly with narrow streets, steep hills and nowhere to park... :D
The harbour part is very much like that :cry:
We stayed just up the road in Carbis bay as its a lot quieter & only a 20min coastal walk into St Ives town :P
Regards

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

I love St Ives. Have been there a few times and stayed on the eastern edge of St Ives near the West Cornwall Golf Club. Haven't been in the Zed however due to need to accommodate large hound!

Several years ago the sat nav sent us, in the Discovery into the rabbit warren of roads in the town. Never going in there again!

The Smartbears certainly look to have had a good time. :D
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)