Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Road trip holidays ?

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Paulwirral

Re: Road trip holidays ?

Post by Paulwirral » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Punter wrote:Paul. I'm in le touquet in the rain on the way to calais for the tunnel tomorrow. Spent last 2 weeks in Belgium, germany (porsche museum and bmw world), austria, italian lakes and back up through france. Bavarian alps and austrian roads a highlight. Loving every minute. Z has been a dream. Tips - motorways are expensive (especially Italy) but a must for the odd blast and you only need to pack half of what you think you need! Trivago app very handy. If you want to know routes and hotels- let me know.
You don't need to remind me how much the roads cost , I lived in France a couple of years and I've spent the last 6 years building a holiday house in the dordogne , 5 times a year back and forth through France in a pick up , it's about 28 euro one way just to use the road :o
I've only just started to use the car to get there now , but daren't have a blast these days because of the gendarme tax collectors , sorry , I meant speeding fines :rofl: