Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Angus and Perthshire Roadtrip

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Angus and Perthshire Roadtrip

Post by Adamski » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Had a good day out in the cars yesterday. Me and couple of other friends took the roads in Angus and Perthshire for a blast.

The cars:
My 3.0i Z4
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan 200SX - modified beyond belief, and pushing 300bhp from a 1.8 16v lump :o

We covered some great roads, including the Dundee to Coupar Angus Road, Blairgowrie to Kirriemuir road, and various others. Here's a few pictures - apologies for the quality, they are all iPhone pics.

I'm glad it was a sunny day, as I managed to have the roof down nearly the whole time.

I'm not normally a fan of Japanese cars, but my mates love them. I'm trying to convince the Subaru owner to get a BMW, but he wants a Toyota Supra for his next motor.... Booooo :thumbsdown:

The 200SX, for an old Datsun, it really did shift. It's fully stripped out, roll cage, stage 2 turbo, uprated fuel pumps and injectors etc and loads of other things which I didnt understand and don't have the vocabulary to repeat :lol: Needless to say, it's had a healthy few thousand spent on it, and it shows. Shame the turbo doesnt come on song until 3,500rpm... (it redlines at 8,500 :evil: ) It's been made to be a drifting machine, and he regularly takes it to "drifting" days at the local race circuits.

All in all a good road trip :)
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Angus and Perthshire Roadtrip

Post by andysat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Glad you had a great time-i have forgot what a blue sky looks like :(
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Lovely to have such a nece dy. ou're getting some top quality top down hooning in right now Adamski :thumbsup:

Need to keep the roadster project up o date though :wink:

Rained on my rugby all morning this morning, brightened up when we got home :roll:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Main reason for all this hooning just now is that the Impreza driver, one of close friends, is on a 20 day break from Afghanistan.

I'm planning to let the zed have a rest after he's left the UK. Especially with Applecross in 3 weeks, then the Lakes meet in July. Been addding a fair few miles to the zed lately, and now she's pushing 75k on the clock :(
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Mileage = smileage - 'boooo' to tucking her up :D

Just drive it
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Not tucking up totally. Just making more use of the shed for daily runaround trips and commuting....

Totally agree on mileage is smileage though :thumbsup: