Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2011 Germany, Austria, Italy, France - Picture Heavy

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
roofless

Re: 2011 Germany, Austria, Italy, France - Picture Heavy

Post by roofless » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 am

Depending on how much time you have and if you enjoying walking, i had a great time near Gavarnie on the french side of the Pyrenees, lost ourselves for hours walking in the mountains, really beautiful.

Just north of Andorra, near Foix is Labouiche, and underground river with amazing rock formations http://www.guide2midipyrenees.com/infor ... i-Pyrenees

And if you're driving across to Italy you'll pass some amazing places like Carcassone and a number of old roman towns. Gorge Du Verdon in the Var region of Provence is fabulous. Stop at lac St Croix and take a boat into the river amongst the cliffs for a picnic on the banks of the gorge.
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the tips I will investigate further. Roofless I did Gorge Du Verdon briefly last year but should explore more, a boat ride sounds great.

getting excited now.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Lance wrote:Pyrenees- many many good passes. If you can, stop overnight in a Paradore, nice hotels and usually in unusual buildings, like castles or old monasteries, but restored to a high standard. There is one at Arties in the Pyrenees and one further along past Andorra at Seu D'urgell. Nice town to stay in is Jaca, with nice bars and plenty of places to eat, Huesca is good too.

Not everyones cup of tea, but I think Andorra la vella is worth a days visit for a wander round and an overnight stop. Mercure hotel in the town centre is pretty good and has secure parking.

Best road by far is the N260 picked up near Seu D'Urgell to Sort, up there with the best roads anywhere. From Sort head to Llavorsi for some White water rafting.
Wow just checked the road out on google maps looks great. Thanks so much for the tip.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

bossy_01

Post by bossy_01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

So nice pics, will defo be using as a bit of inspriation for my september roadtrip!
09 Deep Sea Blue E89 35i S Drive DCT
15 Audi A6 Avant S-Line
56 LandRover Discovery HSE

robbie

Post by robbie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm

How many miles did you clock up?