Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Section for road trips

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
roofless

Section for road trips

Post by roofless » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:29 am

There seems to be quite a lot of interest in road trips across the forum. Would it be a good idea to have a sub section to bring everyone's posts together and to allow people to post their trips in. It would make it easier for everyone to find ideas on what they want to do, to get hints on places to visit along the route of their intended trip and give those new to the idea of a road trip an interesting resource and a spur to get on the road. I for one am not great at searching through posts and am sure i would find it easier to get info if all was lumped together. Although i have been doing driving trips around europe and some in North and South America, for the last 25 years i have seen mention of some beautiful places that i haven't been to, i'm sure there are more on here that i haven't found the posts for. What do people think?
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

T-J

Re: Section for road trips

Post by T-J » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 am

I am with you on this roofless great idea :thumbsup:

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 am

Nice idea :thumbsup: after my mini road trip through France last year and my many trips to Le-Mans i think more people will be made aware of what they are missing
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 am

:thumbsup:

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:56 am

Love reading about people's road trips so :thumbsup: from me.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:15 am

+1 from me too. With pics too please :)
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 pm

+2 :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

roofless

Post by roofless » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Thanks guys, great to hear from the like minded. I don't know how hard it would be to have this set up or whether it will be seriously considered but i hope it may happen. :)
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

roofless

Post by roofless » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:39 am

Am i out of line in asking a moderator if this is something that can be considered? 6 members in all may not seem like a lot but it's kind of a field of dreams thing: 'build it and they will come' :)

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 am

your taking a risk lol

cyhliu

Post by cyhliu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 am

I think this would be a great idea, sadly I won't be able to contribute but this is why I think it will be a great idea as it will allow me to pick up ideal routes and hopefully, this summer I'll be able to take the zed for a nice long road trip!

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:37 am

:thumbsup:
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

Angus McCoatup

Post by Angus McCoatup » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 am

Good idea :thumbsup:
2008 Interlagos Blue Z4M Coupe

roofless

Post by roofless » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Well here's a teaser and i know taz amongst others is planning a trip this year. I am just putting together a trip; a dash through Belgium into Germany to stay at a castle on the Rhine, across to Wurzburg or close by to drive down the 'Romantic Road', ending up at Lake Constance, from there visiting Castle Neuschwanstein as we go across into Austria to Salzburg for a few days then south into Italy to skirt Lake Garda and across to Lake Maggiore, poss stay in Mantua on the way. Then into Provence for a week before heading back to Calais. I'm sure if i search posts hard enough I'll find some info from other peoples past trips but what do i choose to search for? It would be great if i could scan one section of the forum and narrow it down. And yes photos are great in threads; they bring the trip to life as you read of someone else's adventure. I've been really impressed with some of the photos of scotland, sadly i haven't been yet and these have given me the urge to plan something. Longer term I am hoping to drive the beast (car that is not wife, although she'll be coming) to Norway and Sweden but i think i'll need to wangle a three week break for that one.
:driving: :thumbsup:

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:44 pm

when are you going?

i have booked the tunnel for 5th August