Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Section for road trips

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
roofless

Re: Section for road trips

Post by roofless » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Having to go end of august to beginning of september, Mrs Roofless' work rota kind of dictates somewhat and it does mean we'll be in Provence once the main french holidays are finished. The water should be hot but the weather just getting past the hottest, last year we were stuck on the italian autostrada for an hour with roof down in 36 degree heat, scorchio as they say. Yes i know i could have put the roof up but it just goes against the grain :)
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

iwatchlive

Post by iwatchlive » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 pm

+1 :thumbsup:

Great idea

roofless

Post by roofless » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:18 am

There seems to be some road trip queries coming up all of a sudden and i'm sure, remembering some posts previously, good answers and info already exist on the site, forgive my persistence in banging the drum for this idea but is a road trip section not a good idea to pool all this priceless info within?
I will desist after this post in asking the question any more i promise (fingers crossed behind back :) )
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am

sp3ctre, gov, any chance on this one? Would be great to have everything in one place.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:39 pm

PawnSacrifice wrote:sp3ctre, gov, any chance on this one? Would be great to have everything in one place.
I agree, good idea... done :)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:30 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
PawnSacrifice wrote:sp3ctre, gov, any chance on this one? Would be great to have everything in one place.
Excellent, thanks :thumbsup:

roofless, thanks for the suggestion, looking forward to this one.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:33 pm

sp3ctre wrote:

done?

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm glad people like the idea, with the number of driving holidays that are being discussed in various threads i'd say this feature will be a sure fire winner. If posts were named after the main locations/countries visited then it will be easy for people to skim through and find ideas - and of course easy to search in one place although using searches isn't my strong point. I hope it can happen. :thumbsup: :driving:

roofless

Post by roofless » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks for setting this up :thumbsup:
I hope we see lots of input and people get inspiration for their trips.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 am

roofless, your persitance paid off :thumbsup:

roofless

Post by roofless » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks Taz, but i think the interest in your planned trip and the response from a lot of the guys just showed it was a good idea. Or at least i hope it will prove to be. I hope some of the existing road trips can be moved into the section over time. I don't know how much work that is. Sorry i keep asking for a lot don't i. I will try and digitise some of my trip photos and post some over coming days and weeks. :driving:

iwatchlive

Post by iwatchlive » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

Excellent, Thanks Sp3ctre, :thumbsup:

will post a review of my recent trip through France to Switzerland trough the Mountains to Chamonix / Mont Blanc in the coming days.