Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scottish Road Trip. (Picture heavy)

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 am

ColinBR wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:14 pm Don't forget to do the loop around Skye.

Well worth it and hard to believe there is such stunning views on a smallish Island.

My go to place for a weekend away and an amazing drive up.
Thanks Colin. We did the loop around yesterday, views were limited though because if it wasn’t raining then the cloud was too low obscuring most of any views to be had. A little disappointing but still had a good day. :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Lovely. That view from Bealach na Bà never gets old!

Inveraray to Tongue in a day is quite punchy.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Not long back from my run up into Scotland and we picked up sections of the NC500 too!

We were lucky with the weather overall and only had to endure one crap day on Sunday 13th September. We opted to visit the waterfalls south of Ullapool and then we made our way in what seemed like torrential flood conditions at times from Torridon Hotel across to Applecross and then up over the Bealach na Ba in very poor visibility eventually reaching the Balmacara Hotel near Eilean Donan Castle. Despite the hotels negative reviews on Trip Adviser we bagged a decent room ... we were both disappointed to find that it wasnt Scotland's very own version of Fawlty Towers haha!.

Cant wait to head back next year ... hopefully the next time in a 3.0 Si!
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

edshift

Post by edshift » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:34 pm

Stevo1987 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:05 pm Looks great. I would love to do that. The furthest north I got was somewhere up the A9 (I think). I pulled off the the road and took a cable car to the top of some mountain. I can't remember where it was now. Any ideas? hmm....maybe not a cable car. Some sort of transport up the side of a mountain. Brain fail due to age. :)
It would have been the Funicular railway at Aviemore.
Cool thing.
Luv and Peace.
If you are in that neck of the woods do the A93 tomintool pass road. It's a crazy mountain pass with so many hold your tummy drops it's comical.
It's the best road I've driven with the cairn o mount a very close second (Watch for brake fade) .
It's well sighted and very countered so lots of exciting transitions.
The road seems to drop out below you on some bits and it's genuinely scary.
The road is like a roller coaster but one where your own safety is your own responsibility.
In a sportscar where that contract is understood it's a lot of fun.
For more touristy visitors it might be a bit much.
Luv and Peace.
Luv and Peace.
------------------
2006 Z4 2.5si

Jeremyf99

Post by Jeremyf99 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 am

We had an amazing trip up there a few weeks back. Same place and hotel! First time to Scotland for me and I think i'll make it a yearly trip.
Attachments
IMG_8967.JPG
IMG_8967.JPG (191.14 KiB) Viewed 643 times

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:01 pm

Jeremyf99 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 am We had an amazing trip up there a few weeks back. Same place and hotel! First time to Scotland for me and I think i'll make it a yearly trip.
Yes ,you can't beat Scotland for epic driving roads and scenery. Most areas have it in abundance.
Never tire of driving these roads, although,being born and bred here,as with many people in Scotland,or indeed,other lovely parts of the UK,you can sometimes take the scenery for granted.

Looks like you had a great time,roof down as well ..the best way :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Only one thing better than driving Scottish roads.

Riding them. :evil:
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:52 pm

Looks a great trip :thumbsup:

Only been over to Skye twice, rained both times. Doesn't look to have changed much but still beautiful scenery.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White