Want to control roof via key

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Justgottaz4

Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Can I add the roof down feature via my key with the obd sssv32 software?
just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing that's all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 am

Hello anyone?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bladeowner
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Yorkshireman in High Wycombe

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by bladeowner » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:46 am

I think it needs the NCSexpert software for the roof although opening is normally already coded, closing is not standard.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Hn7Wv ... NOU0E/edit

Although I can do it using the BMWhat android or iphone software and obd adapter
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

Image

Some Technical Instructions etc : http://www.dellis.co.uk.linkpc.net/Z4/P ... tructions/
Any problems, PM me as the web server is not constantly monitored

igeak691
Member
Member
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 am

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by igeak691 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:06 am

BMWhat only allows coding with the E89 though right? No function yet with the E85/86?
YouTube channel with car vlogs in my zed!
Please subscribe and share my videos with fellow enthusiasts!

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24455
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by srhutch » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 am

igeak691 wrote:BMWhat only allows coding with the E89 though right? No function yet with the E85/86?
It can be done with E85, not possible with E86 though for obvious reasons.

Better to buy a gaptech or reinhold module though to save holding the buttons.
Image

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

srhutch wrote:
igeak691 wrote:BMWhat only allows coding with the E89 though right? No function yet with the E85/86?
It can be done with E85, not possible with E86 though for obvious reasons.

Better to buy a gaptech or reinhold module though to save holding the buttons.
I don't mind holding button down I'm not ever in that much of a rush besides I want to customize some hidden features. like turn things on/off that I don't like

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

User avatar
dan425
Member
Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am
Location: Wokingham, Berks

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by dan425 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 am

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but if you hold down the unlock button whilst in range, it should open the roof.

To have the roof close via key, you'l need a GapTech or similar.
Image
E85 Z4, 3.0i, 2005.

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Not standard on my 03 needs coding

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

dan425 wrote:Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but if you hold down the unlock button whilst in range, it should open the roof.

To have the roof close via key, you'l need a GapTech or similar.
also gaptech costs more than a software cd + cable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 pm

bladeowner wrote:I think it needs the NCSexpert software for the roof although opening is normally already coded, closing is not standard.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Hn7Wv ... NOU0E/edit

Although I can do it using the BMWhat android or iphone software and obd adapter
thanks man bmwhat app looks good never knew it existed will give lite demo a crack when I get home to see if it works on my e85. does it matter which obd adapter it is I have the obdlink mx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bladeowner
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Yorkshireman in High Wycombe

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by bladeowner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 pm

I have a bluetooth adapter (ELM327) and a cable adapter. The bluetooth adapter only partially works on the E85 with BMWhat - this is documented by them. My cable adapter is from BMcables from Ebay but is the previous version and works fine. Or you can buy one from BMWhat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-OBD-Diagn ... 461d2bb8d2
At the moment Diagnosis and coding are working for the E85 but engine parameters and dashboard are not yet implemented. The software is constantly being improved to include more models and engine versions but I don't know when the E85 Engine parameters will be done.

To program the roof with BMWhat is a very simple process -unlike NCSexpert and can be done with your phone or tablet instead of a laptop. The software is £38 though...
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

Image

Some Technical Instructions etc : http://www.dellis.co.uk.linkpc.net/Z4/P ... tructions/
Any problems, PM me as the web server is not constantly monitored

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 pm

bladeowner wrote:I have a bluetooth adapter (ELM327) and a cable adapter. The bluetooth adapter only partially works on the E85 with BMWhat - this is documented by them. My cable adapter is from BMcables from Ebay but is the previous version and works fine. Or you can buy one from BMWhat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-OBD-Diagn ... 461d2bb8d2
At the moment Diagnosis and coding are working for the E85 but engine parameters and dashboard are not yet implemented. The software is constantly being improved to include more models and engine versions but I don't know when the E85 Engine parameters will be done.

To program the roof with BMWhat is a very simple process -unlike NCSexpert and can be done with your phone or tablet instead of a laptop. The software is £38 though...
yeah pricey ah, just tried lite bmwhat to check compatability and it says no ecu's found now I'm not sure why...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bladeowner
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Yorkshireman in High Wycombe

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by bladeowner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:30 pm

What adapter do you have?
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

Image

Some Technical Instructions etc : http://www.dellis.co.uk.linkpc.net/Z4/P ... tructions/
Any problems, PM me as the web server is not constantly monitored

Justgottaz4

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by Justgottaz4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 am

Justgottaz4 wrote:
bladeowner wrote:I have a bluetooth adapter (ELM327) and a cable adapter. The bluetooth adapter only partially works on the E85 with BMWhat - this is documented by them. My cable adapter is from BMcables from Ebay but is the previous version and works fine. Or you can buy one from BMWhat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-OBD-Diagn ... 461d2bb8d2
At the moment Diagnosis and coding are working for the E85 but engine parameters and dashboard are not yet implemented. The software is constantly being improved to include more models and engine versions but I don't know when the E85 Engine parameters will be done.

To program the roof with BMWhat is a very simple process -unlike NCSexpert and can be done with your phone or tablet instead of a laptop. The software is £38 though...
yeah pricey ah, just tried lite bmwhat to check compatability and it says no ecu's found now I'm not sure why...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
$125 obdlink mx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bladeowner
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Yorkshireman in High Wycombe

Re: Want to control roof via key

Post by bladeowner » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 am

That'll be bluetooth then.
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

Image

Some Technical Instructions etc : http://www.dellis.co.uk.linkpc.net/Z4/P ... tructions/
Any problems, PM me as the web server is not constantly monitored

Post Reply